80prs alternative?

If you are looking for a HU that can run an active setup than Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, and I’m sure a few others all make them capable of running active. I’ve owned/own Pioneer and Alpine and in my opinion Pioneer has the better active setup with the most options but Alpine has a 9 band parametric EQ that is better than the Pioneer 13 band graphic EQ. Kenwood and now JVC are similar because Kenwood owns JVC or so I’ve heard. The PRS80 has the advantage of a 16 band graphic EQ for each channel, left and right, but if you really want to take control than get a DSP such as the JL TwK 88 or Helix and run active from that. The JL TwK software is very powerful with a 10 band parametric EQ for each of the 8 channels and also very user friendly too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.