8" Midbass/Woofer capable of 150+ Watts RMS

Ljaquel01

CarAudio.com Newbie
New York
Got two free channels on my amp, that output 150W rms at 8ohm or 316 W rms at 4 ohm.

Any suggestions for 6 or 8 or maybe 10 inch midbass drivers?

I already got midranges that could play pretty loud from around 250 hz and up and of course I'll be having subs to for 80hz and below. So I need the in-between!!

Also, idk if this might be relevant but my mids and highs reach 120+ db after power, which I think makes it harder to find midbass that keep up... Let's see

If you want door rattling midbass, PWX is definitely your go to woofer. Here's mines with no sub and unsealed doors.

That's cool man, I saw that video recently, nice to see you in this thread.
And yeah, I'm definitely considering them. Would ya think the 8s would behave similarly and be enough or would you suggest to stick to them 10s?

That's cool man, I saw that video recently, nice to see you in this thread.
And yeah, I'm definitely considering them. Would ya think the 8s would behave similarly and be enough or would you suggest to stick to them 10s?
my close friend that has a mustang with sealed deadened doors with only a pair of 8s has stronger midbass than mines. Our systems can literally play with no subwoofers and we'd be happy from the midbass. we are metal heads so midbass kick and slam is pretty important. They are definitely the go to woofer for dedicated midbass performance and maybe some lower midrange. They **** for anything above 2.5khz but you already got the upper ranges covered.

He swapped to more expensive stevens audio 8s and now audiofrogs, none of them gave anywhere close to the midbass power of the PWX. they only sounded cleaned up but the gobs of ridiculous midbass took a nose dive.

my close friend that has a mustang with sealed deadened doors with only a pair of 8s has stronger midbass than mines. Our systems can literally play with no subwoofers and we'd be happy from the midbass. we are metal heads so midbass kick and slam is pretty important. They are definitely the go to woofer for dedicated midbass performance and maybe some lower midrange. They **** for anything above 2.5khz but you already got the upper ranges covered.
So nice to hear that, I'll try them 8s and deaden my doors. But I see they are rated at 200 rms, with a recommended power rating from 75 rms to 300rms. Should I get the 8ohm version so that it gets 150w or should I get the 4 ohm version so that it gets 316W?

So nice to hear that, I'll try them 8s and deaden my doors. But I see they are rated at 200 rms, with a recommended power rating from 75 rms to 300rms. Should I get the 8ohm version so that it gets 150w or should I get the 4 ohm version so that it gets 316W?
no dude.. I was throwing 450 to each 10 initially and they loved it. I would not go any less than 250 watts to get full effect from them. Do not go with 8 ohms at all unless you are doing multiple. You also dont need to use all the power, 150 watts at 8 ohm but you are red lined clipping is worse than 250- 300 watts at 4 ohms not even close to clipping. Your amp will run cooler when its not redlined and the signal will be cleaner. Always have headroom when it comes to midbass and subs.

no dude.. I was throwing 450 to each 10 initially and they loved it. I would not go any less than 250 watts to get full effect from them. Do not go with 8 ohms at all unless you are doing multiple. You also dont need to use all the power, 150 watts at 8 ohm but you are red lined clipping is worse than 250- 300 watts at 4 ohms not even close to clipping. Your amp will run cooler when its not redlined and the signal will be cleaner. Always have headroom when it comes to midbass and subs.
Aight, I'll follow that and get the 4 ohm version. Thanks for your advice!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.