8 12"s in a trunk?

86yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Gat town, TN
Well I am considering adding 4 more CVR 12"s and another Massive p1500.1 amp to my Merc. Unfortunally, I will have to switch to a sealed enclosure instead of ported. Will I still be noticeably louder with double the cone area and power with a sealed box? I dont want to run a wall, but I can get about 10 cubes out of my trunk before sub displacement. Still not enough for them sealed im sure, but its all I got. What would you guys suggest? This setup, or 4 CVX 12s in a proper ported box on 3000 RMS? Gonna be running 1 extra Batt for now, but I know it wont be enough. You guys decide for me! I want to be breakin a 140+ in the trunk.

if you want to break 140's in a trunk, then get a new install... if you cant break 140 with 4 12"s then going to 8 12"s probably isnt going to help you do it...

i was doing 135 on the Tl with a single 15" in the trunk of a taurus running off of about 800 watts, for what its worth. i dont see any reason why 4 12"s couldnt do 140's in a trunk.

wow is it really that hard to break a 140 in those vehicles, i jus cant see it being that tough especially with 4-12's. do you have an sound deadning? I felt a big diffrence when my vehicle sound deaden

I have no sound deadning, and only 1500 RMS right now. No extra batts or anything else, probally low voltage.
Sounds like you already know your system's weak points... why are you looking to upgrade cone area instead? You are trying to get fancy with 8 12's when you dont have the fundamentals done yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.