$75 budget. Anything better than CDT refurbished?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stangbanger
10+ year member

Finally going to get around to a basic install in my 2012 Focus. I'll be on a fairly strict budget. Here's what I'm planning thus far...

HU:Sony MEX-N5100BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com or Kenwood Excelon KDC-X300 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Front stage:Shop CDT Audio - COX-622 or???

Four Channel: Precision Power PPI BA1600 4 1600 Watts 4 Channel Class AB Full Range Amplifier | eBay

Can better be found for under $75? The factory speaker location makes for an absolutely terrible sound stage (speaker location is nearly at your feet) so I'm a little apprehensive about using a coax. Would I be better off going with a set of ultra budget comps so I can have better imaging? I'll be bridging the rears of the 4 channel to a sub (probably a JBL GT5 or Infinity Reference or something a little nicer if I can find one used). I'm not expecting big things out of whatever I go with. Just trying to stretch the funds as far as I can and get something decent. I've always gone for soft dome tweets in the past. I do enjoy the detail that metallic tweets provide but I'm concerned about listener fatigue setting in rather quickly and the general harshness that would likely accompany a cheap metallic tweet.

Look at the ppi 900.4 amp. It's tried and proven as an excellent vaule and is a reliable workhorse. For comps Look at the Pioneer d series. If you can stretch your budget just a tad bit the jbl p660 is an excellent value.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.