75 amp alternator..and 2500 watt amp, will it work???

I'm running an aq2200 on stock and if the car is idling at full tilt I will drop down to 12v on a low note but my alt only charges at 13.8v not 14.4v. Do the big 3, test to make sure your front battery is in good condition (VIP and autozone will test it for free) and get a big battery for the back. On music you will never see 2500w anyways. Depending where you set your gain, you will be lucky to ever see over 2000.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

only alt i can find for my car is 90 amps >.
Not really, because there are so many different engine types the case and mounting can be very different.

reason for this thread being i bought a 15 inch MA audio sub today and my 800 watt amp doesnt push nearly enough to make it sound good, right now my setup is a 800 watt 4 chan amp 2 ohms stable, dual 12 mtx audios paralleled and crossover connected to the amp and iv noticed my break and headlights dim :/

No it won't.

Many here will tell you to get a battery but that is a band aid for the problem and you will at some point kill that battery.

Do it right from the beginning, that is always the best way.

For your alt, you can check with local or online shops and see what they suggest. May need to get a custom bracket made and use a different alt.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

big 3 as in the 3 wires or big 3 as in alt batt and wires? i dont exactly understand which one ppl mean when they say the big 3, iv gotten both from different people
The BIG 3 refers to the wiring from the alt to battery and battery/engine grounds.

big 3 as in the 3 wires or big 3 as in alt batt and wires? i dont exactly understand which one ppl mean when they say the big 3, iv gotten both from different people
Big 3 = upgrading the wires from the battery + to alternator +, battery - to alternator case/engine block, and battery - to chassis

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.