70wx4 decsently clean amp VS 60wx4 really clean amp

Particle board? Get that pos wood (if ya can call it wood) replaced asap. Must flex like a mother. Did you brace it at all? That's not a fair test unless your sealed box was made with particle board.
Idk the Menards in my area sell half sheets of plywood and mdf.
Don't put that fi 10 in a particle board enclosure. I'll come over and bi@#$ slap you myself. Wi isn't that far away..

Particle board? Get that pos wood (if ya can call it wood) replaced asap. Must flex like a mother. Did you brace it at all? That's not a fair test unless your sealed box was made with particle board.
Idk the Menards in my area sell half sheets of plywood and mdf.
Don't put that fi 10 in a particle board enclosure. I'll come over and bi@#$ slap you myself. Wi isn't that far away..
Yes I braced it. No, I see no flex at all. And I really doubt you’d even be able to tell the difference...it sounds good. People have used particle board do enclosures before...they just don’t hold up well if they are moved a lot, it don’t hold up to screws well, and water destroys it.....other then that, it works well, and sounds good.
No, the FI won’t go in a particle board enclosure.
It seems to me that plywood wouldn’t work as well as particle...it’s less dense, and has cavities.

Particle board is an insult to your type r. It's too brittle for speaker building and in no way better then plywood. Not all plywood is created equal you can get void free plywood. Even the stuff with voids is better then particle board and can make an argument that it's better then mdf. Strength of the plywood is in the number of layers. Personally prefer using 11 to 13 layers void free but I don't skimp on wood when it comes to enclosures but have used plywood with voids a number of times while learning to build speaker boxes
I get the impression this is your 1st ported box possibly 1st enclosure build ? Next test could be to build the same enclosure with better material for a true comparison.

Particle board is an insult to your type r. It's too brittle for speaker building and in no way better then plywood. Not all plywood is created equal you can get void free plywood. Even the stuff with voids is better then particle board and can make an argument that it's better then mdf. Strength of the plywood is in the number of layers. Personally prefer using 11 to 13 layers void free but I don't skimp on wood when it comes to enclosures but have used plywood with voids a number of times while learning to build speaker boxes
I get the impression this is your 1st ported box possibly 1st enclosure build ? Next test could be to build the same enclosure with better material for a true comparison.
I am gonna eventually build a new one for the type r...I just have bigger fish to fry at the moment. I only carpeted the front to help seal the 12.
I’m sure it’ll hold up till I get the FI....then I’m gonna build the same enclosure, but out of better materials...this was never gonna be permanent...just a test. I also need to build a different custom enclosure for the FI...but I was thinking about going with a real wood enclosure, that I can stain, and will look good...I just haven’t decided on the type of wood.

theres no argument its better than mdf in every way. even with resonance it tests better, this is the cheapo 7 layer ply with voids from home depot in this video.

about 28 mins in will be wood comparisons.35 mins is where the resonance test starts

bridge the smaller wattage amp to the tweeters, bridge the bigger wattage amp to the mids voila headroom magic.
That sounds like a good idea, except...where? My amp rack is full, and trunk real estate is spent...unless I remove the cap...but, I like the read-out. I know it’s junk, and even though it is supposed to be 2 ferrets, I doubt it is much more then a 1/2 ferret.

Correction.... farad
Spelling was never my forte, plus I haven’t been in school for thirty years. Cut me some slack!
At least I can read, unlike a lot of kids these days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.