7.1-7.5 Cubes Sealed Or Ported

Silica
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright, im not sure what to do right now...

I just finished my box, Im running 12 - 10" Planet audio M2 subs. The box is roughly 7.1 - 7.5 cubic feet internal volume...

Thats kinda small to port.. thats like 0.6 cubes per sub... But its right on the verge on porting and not.. Im not sure what to do.. Should i port it? tune it really low, or seal it.. I checked it out on WINISD and ported @ 30hz, isn't much different than sealed..

Hits a lil deaper..

Tim //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

Alright, im not sure what to do right now...I just finished my box, Im running 12 - 10" Planet audio M2 subs. The box is roughly 7.1 - 7.5 cubic feet internal volume...

Thats kinda small to port.. thats like 0.6 cubes per sub... But its right on the verge on porting and not.. Im not sure what to do.. Should i port it? tune it really low, or seal it.. I checked it out on WINISD and ported @ 30hz, isn't much different than sealed..

Hits a lil deaper..

Tim //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

You probably shouldnt use Winisd to tell you whether or not it's louder. I wouldve went bigger with the box, but why not go sealed and if that's not loud enough port them....

For now just go sealed and see if you like it... since you made the box that small. If you are really unhappy with it later go ahead and port it.

lol... i didn't intend on making the box so small.. It was designs to caress my car in the shape/form that looked the best.. and in return it gave me 7 cbues.. I think im just gonna port it.. 6 4" Tubed 30" long = 28-32hz ish

Meh.

Tim

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.