6x9s In doors of 2001 Yukon?

Participant count
  • Participant list

saboken

I have been trying to come up with a way to put 6x9s in the doors of my 01 Yukon xl I have my eye on a pair of Polk’s to start I think it’s possible in the front doors with some custom work! The opening is definitely enough for them in the door panel! Getting them mounted to the door itself is the challenge has anyone successfully done this and kept it clean looking? I don’t want a sub box in the Yukon and the factory location is weak! I do have a good sub in the factory enclosure but it’s not enough and falls short a pair of good 6x9s or 2 pair will definitely give me what I am looking for! Any ideas?

Sounds like your lacking midbass but I would not put 6x9 in the front factory door location. Your talking about more modification than what's needed. Find a good set of 6.5's instead. I replaced my aging CDT comps with Polk Audio comp set for my Tahoe front doors...

And still maintained a factory look.

1062.jpg

1063.jpg

1064.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.