6x9 to 8 inch

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pimenteljoe

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Hey guys well I’m curious if it’s possible, is it even doable to put in 8 inch speakers into the area of the 2019 Dodge Ram Limited.

The speakers I’ll use are Hertz SPL mids or woofers.

Now the both have a mounting depth of 2.5 to 3.3

I also know that I’ll need to use a custom bracket. But I just wanted to know if it’s even possible? Please let me know

So my real question is, is there enough room from the door panel that will not interfere with the speaker and have enough space for modifications.

Attachments

• 0ABFF676-68C2-4434-A3EA-D33758D8F6CF.jpeg
    0ABFF676-68C2-4434-A3EA-D33758D8F6CF.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 20
Hey guys well I’m curious if it’s possible, is it even doable to put in 8 inch speakers into the area of the 2019 Dodge Ram Limited.

I also know that I’ll need to use a custom bracket. But I just wanted to know if it’s even possible? Please let me know

So my real question is, is there enough room from the door panel that will not interfere with the speaker and have enough space for modifications.
8" speakers would require cutting a circle out of your mounting and would likely need to fabricate mounting. I suggest buying 6x9 to 6.5 and 1 inch tweeter, they are plastic pieces that cover the 6x9 hole and then give you a 6.5 hole and a 1" tweeter hole, but you can leave that empty. If you really want an 8 then order a speaker pod and try your best to make it look nice. Here is a link to the 6x9 adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L9LJZMY/?tag=caraudiocom-20

8" speakers would require cutting a circle out of your mounting and would likely need to fabricate mounting. I suggest buying 6x9 to 6.5 and 1 inch tweeter, they are plastic pieces that cover the 6x9 hole and then give you a 6.5 hole and a 1" tweeter hole, but you can leave that empty. If you really want an 8 then order a speaker pod and try your best to make it look nice. Here is a link to the 6x9 adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L9LJZMY/?tag=caraudiocom-20
Thanks for the insight, my main goal is to install the hertz 8 inch spl speakers. I’m aware that I’ll need a bracket but my only concern was the distance from the door to the panel.

Measure your available space, buy or fabricate your adapter. I had the same issue fitting speakers in a shallow space to replace the factory ones. (I used cheap cutting boards from Walmart to fabricate my brackets), and look for speaker specifications that will fit your need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...