6x9 + other speaker choice.

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
I'm going to be buying a 2013 dodge ram 1500 crew cab and I am wanting to change out the speakers... yet I'm not sure what speakers they include and I'm pretty sure it comes with 3.5" speakers in the front L/R as well as 6x9's in the front and I'm not sure about the rear.... but i want to replace the front and rear doors first with REALLY LOUD speakers... I'm not much into the whole crystal clear sound... I want to sound like I'm at a concert with the speaker right in front of me.

My budget is around $300-400 for the front and rear door speakers. Thank you in advance for the help!

No way to achieve concert level output from speakers that small and that low powered without a bunch of them lol. Especially 3.5" drivers... I suggest arrays on your pillars and maybe a custom sound bar overhead with a 6.5" 2 way array

yeah this is what i currently have in my truck right now but im getting the 2013 dodge and the roof isnt as high... i was just looking for something that is good quality that i can just replace and hook up to an amplifier... really just the best i can get for my situation.

might make a nice comp set using the big cadence 6x9's and some decently matched tweets, and maybe mod for a 3 way system putting dedicatd mids in the 3.5 locations and pillar tweets and better located mid-basses.

In my opinion you're not going to get anything but some disappointing ordinary upgrades for your budget, and with a newer vehicle like this you can't always get better sound by dropping in aftermarket speakers. $400 isn't going to get you far, since aftermarket 6x9s, mids, and tweeters are going to need a new amplifier, and if your installer needs to deal with a factory amplifier that may require another expense because of built-in DSP. If I have time later today I'll do a little research for you.

really loud... concert... Dude just grab some crescendo PWX 6.5s and some 6x9 to 6.5 adapters. Pro audio speakers totally fit the bill for what your requesting. Speakers - Crescendo Audio - SSA STORE pair it with some super tweeters and bam!

OR If you want to take it up a notch(several notches), make 10 inch kick panels or custom door pods/panels and have 4 PWX 10 inch speakers going at once paired with this amp Crescendo Audio C1100.4 - 300 watts x 4 channel Concerto Series Amplifier - SSA STORE i guarantee you that sh*t will pound hard and scream as loud as any real concert(inside your car of course).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.