600-800 watt subwoofer ?

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Dallas
Have an american bass VFL 150.1 amp that i've been waiting to put in for almost three months but the alternator I bought its a dud.

While I"m getting the alternator situation situated I want a temp setup in my car (I miss the bass, its been too long).

I was running a sundown E12 in a prefab box on a soundqubed 750.1

I liked the setup but I want something with signficantly more bass. I was thinking about wiring the VFL 150.1 at 4 ohms (need to call AB but most 3K korean amps I found online did about 650-850 at 4ohms).

Running stock alt, big 3, and an XS 3400D under the hood. I was thinking maybe a sundown SA 15 in custom box ?

Have an american bass VFL 150.1 amp that i've been waiting to put in for almost three months but the alternator I bought its a dud.
While I"m getting the alternator situation situated I want a temp setup in my car (I miss the bass, its been too long).

I was running a sundown E12 in a prefab box on a soundqubed 750.1

I liked the setup but I want something with signficantly more bass. I was thinking about wiring the VFL 150.1 at 4 ohms (need to call AB but most 3K korean amps I found online did about 650-850 at 4ohms).

Running stock alt, big 3, and an XS 3400D under the hood. I was thinking maybe a sundown SA 15 in custom box ?
If it's temporary, yeah...just build a better box. HDS215 is like $110 right now, I'd jump on it. I'd say even leave the SQ amp in there as well.

If it's temporary, yeah...just build a better box. HDS215 is like $110 right now, I'd jump on it. I'd say even leave the SQ amp in there as well.
The Q1 750.1 and E12 where sold to help pay for my alternator (which unfortuantely was a dud, working on a resolution currently).

VFL 150.1 at 4 ohms should give me equal if not slightly more power so i'm trying to find a good sub setup that will give me a significant boost in output

The Q1 750.1 and E12 where sold to help pay for my alternator (which unfortuantely was a dud, working on a resolution currently).
VFL 150.1 at 4 ohms should give me equal if not slightly more power so i'm trying to find a good sub setup that will give me a significant boost in output
What does that amp do at 2 ohms? 1.5kW? Took a quick look and I know fusing isn't the governing factor, but my DD recommends 200A in fuses and their 12v rating is 1.7kW at 1 ohm. Unless you have a super small stock alt, you can probably even run that thing at 2 ohms. Now you're in the HDS315 territory. Yes, they are loud and cheap.

That unfortunately is the issue (I have a 70A alternator with an XS 3400D battery under the hood). I was told to keep the sub and front speakers at a total of 1,000 watts
If it's temporary and you don't wanna break the bank, soundqubed would be it. Heard people liking the sundown yard sales as well.

If it's temporary and you don't wanna break the bank, soundqubed would be it. Heard people liking the sundown yard sales as well.
I can confirm this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Or an American Bass Tnt 12 or 15 or an XFL 12 or 15 just cause the xfls are rated at 1000 doesn't mean they need to take that much

Just get what you want and have 0 gain, and use a knob. once you have the electrical turn that mofo up!
I don't think I could, it would scare the **** out of me ! (I was planning on two XR 12s at 1 ohm)
Or an American Bass Tnt 12 or 15 or an XFL 12 or 15 just cause the xfls are rated at 1000 doesn't mean they need to take that much
Prices of AB are very reasonable so I wonder how an TNT/XFL 15 would compare to an E12 (I'll have a much bigger magnet and more cone area ).
do you have space for two 15s? I got a pair to sell for 220 shipped. C2 audio threatcon 2s.
My car is pretty small (2005 civic) so i'm stuck with either a 15 or 2x12s

I don't think I could, it would scare the **** out of me ! (I was planning on two XR 12s at 1 ohm)
Prices of AB are very reasonable so I wonder how an TNT/XFL 15 would compare to an E12 (I'll have a much bigger magnet and more cone area ).

My car is pretty small (2005 civic) so i'm stuck with either a 15 or 2x12s
If you have 0 gain and ise a control knob you wouldnt put it up, any amp will turn on with 12v going to it but once you start turning it up is when your starting to draw that amperage that an upgraded elctrical supplies. But like stated, dont turn ut up an it wont ask for that amperage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.