6 channel amp wiring?

Participant count
  • Participant list

peachpuff

Eh
I bought a 6 channel amp to run 4 speakers and a sub in my car, but i'm still using the factory radio.

The radio only has 4 speaker level outputs, so how can i hook it up to my amp so it runs 4 speakers and a sub?

Do i connect one line level converter to the front outputs and two line level converters to the rear outputs?

Those look a bit pricey, might as well get an aftermarket headunit with a sub output. Wouldn't my idea of connecting two loc's to the rear speaker outputs work also?

But will the idea of hooking up 2 loc's to the rear speaker output work?

Or should i just run 4 speakers in parallel from one loc and the sub from another loc?

Oh it's a classic, cadence a6000+

I think i'm entertaining the idea of a new headunit with proper rca outs.

Last edited by a moderator:
A radio with preouts would be easier. If it's a newer car with all the tech in it that's one thing but if it's older def get a head unit.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.