6.5 Speakers 75-100 Watts RMS, for General Everyday Listening

Honestly I think pitting coaxials in the front are a mistake. You could even find a set of Polk MM6501 components for about $175. It wil be hard to hear coaxials if mounted low.

But I still stand with my original suggestion of the Hybrid speakers.

Even try to find the Arc XXD2080 amp. That's a 2 channel amp that puts out a minimum of 80 watts. I just bought one for $160.

Spend a little more now and regret nothing later.

Technically, coaxials are a superior design to component speakers in terms of fidelity. A single point source > multiple point sources. But coaxes get a bad reputation because most manufacturers invest more technology (better drivers, better xover, etc) into their comp systems than they do their coaxes. Its funny/ironic how a lot of people are big on 'braxial' setups these days (mounting the tweeter in the center of the mid on a comp setup), but miss no opportunity to badmouth coaxial speaker systems. I aim this last comment at nobody here, just a general observation.

Not saying this makes the DD's in question better than the comp speakers suggested in this thread (or worse), just putting this out there as food for thought.

Its funny/ironic how a lot of people are big on 'braxial' setups these days (mounting the tweeter in the center of the mid on a comp setup), but miss no opportunity to badmouth coaxial speaker systems. I aim this last comment at nobody here, just a general observation.
Not saying this makes the DD's in question better than the comp speakers suggested in this thread (or worse), just putting this out there as food for thought.
So you're saying bad mouth coaxial systems whenever you can or the chance appears? Or what i'm confused about that. And then would you say the DD's are better or worse the comp speakers suggest in this thread? Thanks much.

So you're saying bad mouth coaxial systems whenever you can or the chance appears? Or what i'm confused about that. And then would you say the DD's are better or worse the comp speakers suggest in this thread? Thanks much.
Im saying having all the music emanating from a single point is better than from multiple points. When someone sings a song, does their midbass vocals come from a different point in space than the upper freqs? No, they originate from the same location. This is why a coaxial/braxial designed system has inherently better qualities than a somponent system where the sound source is multiple points in space.

And no, this does not mean mono is superior to stereo. If anyone feels the urge to ask this question, shoot yourself, promptly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.