6.5 Speakers 75-100 Watts RMS, for General Everyday Listening

DanOpi
10+ year member

MN
I'm looking for four 6.5 speakers that are 75-100 Watts RMS. I will not be competing or anything of the sort. I'm on a low budget so i'm hoping to get a good deal! I'm looking to spend around $150 on all four speakers! I'm brand new into the hobby and am excited to get started! So i was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for speakers? I'd rather go with coaxial instead of component since i'm new and don't know if i'm up to installing a component! 2 way or 3 way would work fine is what i was told! Also i need a suggestion on an amp! It would be going with the speakers i end up getting and a Pioneer DEH-5200HD Head Unit. My budget for that is also around $150. I would be willing to spend a little more on each if it's needed and will get more quality out of it! Thanks for the help in advance!

~DanOpi

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean? Start high and that way i won't need to upgrade? The thing is i want to buy an amp too and i don't have too much to spend! That's my conflict and why i have a lower budget on them!

I think you are going to have a rough time find 2 sets of coaxials for 150$ total.. I would at the very least save enough for 200-225$ .. there are many good brands out there and I only know a few. I have no experience with most of these.

Polk Audio (i have db6501's, they aren't wired to my amp yet)

Cadence

ID ctx65's

Diamond

those are the few I know of.. but there are lots more options out there

So you believe it would be better to spend more on the speakers and then save up for an amp? That way i have better quality stuff it will just take a little longer to get everything bought and set up?

So you believe it would be better to spend more on the speakers and then save up for an amp? That way i have better quality stuff it will just take a little longer to get everything bought and set up?
Exactly. Or what will happen is after you buy an amp and hook those speakers up you will go out and buy better speakers. Do it right the first time and be done with it, or so you think.

Well what would you guys consider right? Like i said i don't need anything super nice or fancy since it's just for an general everyday listening, no competitions or anything. Thanks for the help!

I would spend the entire budget on a nice pair of components,not that much more difficult to install compared to coaxes. Should be able to watch a few vids on YouTube and get a general install idea. Plus many people on here will gladly help you out. I'd keep the rear speakers, stock, and run them off of H/U power.

Dont go cheap......... youll just end up blowing them and have nothing you should buy one part at a time if money is an issue if you rush and buy all at once your gonna get crappy ish

So what price range would quality speakers fall under? What brand is good and such? Also is going with components going to make a big difference? How much more will those cost me and how much harder are they to install and put in? Thanks for all the input!

So what price range would quality speakers fall under? What brand is good and such? Also is going with components going to make a big difference? How much more will those cost me and how much harder are they to install and put in? Thanks for all the input!
Get the Hybrid Audio Imagines and put around 100 watts to them. They can handle more but 100 watts would sound great. They can be had for about $199. I have heard these speakers and they sound just as good as a lot of $500 speakers I have heard.

I'm not 100% sure on you budget but if it were me I would power them with the Arc Audio KS300.2. iT can be had for about $350. The Imagines do not have crossovers but the amp has crossovers built in so that is a non issue. Or just get the KS300.4 four channel amp in case you want to put the Imagines in the rear later then that way you would have 90x4 but realistically you would have above 100 watts per channel. Maybe around 115+. that stereo would sound awesome.

Arc Audio

Power the rear channels from the HU if you plan on getting or have a aftermarket HU.

So there you go. A simple set up under $600 that will sound great BUT ONLY IF you do the install correctly and put sound deadening in the doors. You can buy about 50 yards of Fat MAt on eBay for about $30.

Get the Hybrid Audio Imagines and put around 100 watts to them. They can handle more but 100 watts would sound great. They can be had for about $199. I have heard these speakers and they sound just as good as a lot of $500 speakers I have heard.I'm not 100% sure on you budget but if it were me I would power them with the Arc Audio KS300.2. iT can be had for about $350. The Imagines do not have crossovers but the amp has crossovers built in so that is a non issue. Or just get the KS300.4 four channel amp in case you want to put the Imagines in the rear later then that way you would have 90x4 but realistically you would have above 100 watts per channel. Maybe around 115+. that stereo would sound awesome.

Arc Audio

Power the rear channels from the HU if you plan on getting or have a aftermarket HU.

So there you go. A simple set up under $600 that will sound great BUT ONLY IF you do the install correctly and put sound deadening in the doors. You can buy about 50 yards of Fat MAt on eBay for about $30.
Technically, they have built in crossovers.... Just saying.....

Well i think i may end up just getting a set for the front now. I found a member here selling a pair of Coaxial Digital Design 6.5s for 120 and so i believe that's a very good deal. He also said he would sell me an old school 2 channel amp, AURA brand also 120. This would come with an amp kit. So 260 shipped all together. All of this is brand new stuff also! I decided to not go with quality rear speakers since most say they're just fill and don't matter much. I will keep the current ones in and run them off HU power. Does this sound like a good plan? Any tweaks? Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.