6 12's vs 4 15's

My buddy who knows what he is doing runs double rated power amp to his subs = the subs can handle double rated power for a guy I don't know who's build I haven't seen who has to come here and ask advice.
there's been way more success stories of vastly overpowering subs vs the large amount of people not getting enough power and blowing their subs through clipping/dissatisfaction.

there's been way more success stories of vastly overpowering subs vs the large amount of people not getting enough power and blowing their subs through clipping/dissatisfaction.
Yeah, too little power blows up subs all the time. That's why we all have to drive around with things at full tilt or else things will break.

Are you implying that someone who isn't happy with their 750W sub on 750W will be content with 750W to that sub provided it's coming from a larger amp?

My rule of thumb is if you have to come here and ask, you have no business running an amp below rated impedance or a sub beyond rated power.

Yeah, too little power blows up subs all the time. That's why we all have to drive around with things at full tilt or else things will break.
Are you implying that someone who isn't happy with their 750W sub on 750W will be content with 750W to that sub provided it's coming from a larger amp?

My rule of thumb is if you have to come here and ask, you have no business running an amp below rated impedance or a sub beyond rated power.
The OP was asking which brand of subs to price ratio I believe. He's not asking advice on how to build or how to set up equipment. Jeff is saying when u don't have enough power you drive your amplifier into clipping and thus blowing a woofer(s)... but if you have more power then needed you will have clean power and won't cause harm. Best way I can put it In Simple terms

That's pretty much it hertz mafia, I have had my subs for almost 4 years and it's just time for a change, I'm by no means an expert but not a complete newb, I do read and am able to take suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My current build 2 tantric hd 15's, coils look same as they did from day 1, I know how to take care of my equipment.
f78f187ac9f28651f4167a77a9abe453.jpg
05020d0a8edd56279cf5bdcab36195bd.jpg
3a553f02eb511881afe1b1ab7e520c36.jpg

i never said underpowering blows up subs. I said Dissatisfaction with output leads to clipping leads to blown up subs. I worded it that way for a reason because i knew you were gonna say this lmfao.

Yes i'm implying that in almost every **** case on ALL social media regarding to car audio, people that have headroom on power at 100% more satisfied then not having enough power on tap. Thats basically a complete consensus everywhere.

My current build 2 tantric hd 15's, coils look same as they did from day 1, I know how to take care of my equipment.
f78f187ac9f28651f4167a77a9abe453.jpg
05020d0a8edd56279cf5bdcab36195bd.jpg
3a553f02eb511881afe1b1ab7e520c36.jpg

Beautiful box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's almost rebuild time for me and was thinking 6 yard sale sa 12's or 4 fu audio 750v2 15's. They will be flat wall in an 04 f150 extended cab on a banda 5k till I can save up for more power. Any thoughts or opinions to go one way or the other?
Those are nice subs you got there bro, is there anyway you could come across some more of them instead of getting an all new setup?

Hey! nice box bro lol

Those are nice subs you got there bro, is there anyway you could come across some more of them instead of getting an all new setup?

Hey! nice box bro lol
I have been looking for a while and nothing ever came up.

The sa's are good for about 1k up to 1.5k for daily

They are not some magical woofer that is taking 2k and asking for more

Not to mention there are drop in tests showing the sa is louder than the bigger coil woofers until about 1000w then the larger coil woofers really pull ahead

Op I would do 4 higher power woofers if you plan to upgrade

or do 8 12's like suggested

Also it's not true to say lower power kills woofers

when the guys running 2x rated power to subs are rebuilding them every season and the guy running rated power daily have many years from a sub

stupidity kills woofers

The sa's are good for about 1k up to 1.5k for dailyThey are not some magical woofer that is taking 2k and asking for more

Not to mention there are drop in tests showing the sa is louder than the bigger coil woofers until about 1000w then the larger coil woofers really pull ahead

Op I would do 4 higher power woofers if you plan to upgrade

or do 8 12's like suggested

Also it's not true to say lower power kills woofers

when the guys running 2x rated power to subs are rebuilding them every season and the guy running rated power daily have many years from a sub

stupidity kills woofers
Going with 4 higher power subs is an idea but cost will defiantly go up, 8 is an idea I just need to measure to make sure all will fit

You could grab 4 Zv3 or Zv4's off the yard sale recone if needed and have room to stick 10-15k on them and be loud

And it's not like 4 15's on 5k will be quiet

You could grab 4 Zv3 or Zv4's off the yard sale recone if needed and have room to stick 10-15k on them and be loudAnd it's not like 4 15's on 5k will be quiet
That's an idea, local guy has 4 zv3's he ain't doing anything with I might try to get him to sell, only ones on yard sale are 18's as of now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bamaman

Senior VIP Member
bamaman
Phenix City, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from