6 12's vs 4 15's

bamaman

Senior VIP Member
It's almost rebuild time for me and was thinking 6 yard sale sa 12's or 4 fu audio 750v2 15's. They will be flat wall in an 04 f150 extended cab on a banda 5k till I can save up for more power. Any thoughts or opinions to go one way or the other?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's almost rebuild time for me and was thinking 6 yard sale sa 12's or 4 fu audio 750v2 15's. They will be flat wall in an 04 f150 extended cab on a banda 5k till I can save up for more power. Any thoughts or opinions to go one way or the other?
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
1 fu should be louder than 1 sa same size (based on models i've been doing) but that comparo is about same cone area so unless 2 extra motors help i'd say 4 fu's but really that depends on airspace and box.. also i posted yesterday on my box thread that i noticed the fu 12 tends to play louder below 40hz and drop off really fast after 45 hz and that was with a 35hz tune.. see what jeff and popwar say..

Assuming that amp makes close to rated power 4 2.5" coils are not going to like it very much so you might lean towards the 6 subs for the extra thermal power handling.

Assuming that amp makes close to rated power 4 2.5" coils are not going to like it very much so you might lean towards the 6 subs for the extra thermal power handling.
BS. I have had many friends run 4 SA 12s on 7k amps daily at 1ohm and all have been fine. I'm sure the FU woofer will be fine on a 5k. But I still say go sundown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

4 FU 15s would be fine on the 5k. 4 15s will be slightly more cone area but 6 12s will be more motor force. I think the 6 12s would want more power though.. Its a toss up. For an F150 wall I personally would do 8 12s.

4 FU 15s would be fine on the 5k. 4 15s will be slightly more cone area but 6 12s will be more motor force. I think the 6 12s would want more power though.. Its a toss up. For an F150 wall I personally would do 8 12s.
motor force doesn't add up. all 6 12s has is more coil cooling and more expensive.

whatd u say to me?! lol.. look i just changed my avatar pic.. see if u can get your new box up..
I've tried to change it like 10 times but the ******* thing keeps saying upload failed. AND the past two days the site looks like **** on my phone. Idk if I hit something by accident but it's atrocious!

I've tried to change it like 10 times but the ******* thing keeps saying upload failed. AND the past two days the site looks like **** on my phone. Idk if I hit something by accident but it's atrocious!
That shlt happens to me like once a month. U gotta clear your history and log out and log back in and the site looks normal.

BS. I have had many friends run 4 SA 12s on 7k amps daily at 1ohm and all have been fine. I'm sure the FU woofer will be fine on a 5k. But I still say go sundown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
My buddy who knows what he is doing runs double rated power amp to his subs = the subs can handle double rated power for a guy I don't know who's build I haven't seen who has to come here and ask advice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bamaman

Senior VIP Member
bamaman
Phenix City, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from