6 1/2's into a 6x8 hole?

So 3/4" would be overkill? Thats what i saw some people using as ring baffles for the speaker, or does it matter what thickness the MDF is?

use any size.. only thing that will matter is clearance from the mdf ring to ur door panel..

the easy way to make one is screw the stck speaker to the wood, get a flush cut router bit with a ball bering on the top and rout the baffle out to the same size as the speaker...

3/4" might put the speaker too close to the door panel, otherwise it'll work. But 1/4" is fine, or you can get plastic adapters that are like 1/8" thick.

Anyone have any pics of their 6x8 holes where they have their 6.5's in? I'm think about doing this for my rear fill, but not sure what it'll look like.

I had a post about going from 6x9 to 6.5 for components. The problem I found was that people were shying away from those plastic adapter for reasons of poor sound quality, vibration, and lack of deaoning. In my post, I wanted to know if someone made the MDF ones, or if the door was deadoned really good if those plastic adapters would work just fine. Im not into the show quality vehicle or sounds, but I would like respectable sound quality without vibration and rattles..

I had a post about going from 6x9 to 6.5 for components. The problem I found was that people were shying away from those plastic adapter for reasons of poor sound quality, vibration, and lack of deaoning. In my post, I wanted to know if someone made the MDF ones, or if the door was deadoned really good if those plastic adapters would work just fine. Im not into the show quality vehicle or sounds, but I would like respectable sound quality without vibration and rattles..
I did see on eBay once, a guy selling a ton of 6.5 brackets made out of MDF

Be careful you don't mount the speaker too deep in the door or you will either ruin or not be able to roll the window down. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

just go make them out of wood... urself... it's easy, cheep, use strip calk to insulate and keep the the vibration out... easy as cake...
or you can do that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif lol

I used 1/2" in my explorer an they work great. What you could try is get cardboard and jus start cuttin away until youve found the proper size for your application. If i jus didnt put all my stuff in Id make yea some baffles since your in CA.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.