500-600w rms @ 2 ohm amp suggestions

qpaudio

I recently built a box for 2 12" subs and i plan to get the new bio 2.0 ct sounds subs that are rated at 250 rms, so i need a super budget amp that can push 500-600 watts rms at 2 ohms... any suggestions would help and my price range is 120 max but id really apreciate less.

If you don't mind used, I have a JBL GTX500 I'd be willing to let go of for $65+shipping. It's in perfect shape... Just went much bigger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I believe Steve Meade tested a version of this amp and it did well over rated. It's less than a year old

I recently built a box for 2 12" subs and i plan to get the new bio 2.0 ct sounds subs that are rated at 250 rms, so i need a super budget amp that can push 500-600 watts rms at 2 ohms... any suggestions would help and my price range is 120 max but id really apreciate less.
lol your user name is same as website.. have u ordered subs yet? about only think u get at that price is used except maybe the ppi ion650 but the 1k is normally just few $ more get that., if u can the 650 is $99 very tiny amps but they were tested to do almost rated power which is more than can be said for most other amps in that price range.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Precision-Power-iON-i1000-1-1000-Watt-Mono-Small-Compact-Subwoofer-Amplifier-/182013762602?epid=1437663371&hash=item2a60dd9c2a:g:NcQAAOSwJb9Ws~1l&vxp=mtr

Last edited by a moderator:
I would look into the jbl the dude on here offered. I have a rockford fosgate prime r-500 I'd let go for a similar price.

If you want new a rockford fosgate prime 500 definitely isn't a bad route, or a decent 1200w amp like the ppi or soundstream tn1200.1

If you don't mind used, I have a JBL GTX500 I'd be willing to let go of for $65+shipping. It's in perfect shape... Just went much bigger //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I believe Steve Meade tested a version of this amp and it did well over rated. It's less than a year old
I would look into the jbl the dude on here offered. I have a rockford fosgate prime r-500 I'd let go for a similar price.
If you want new a rockford fosgate prime 500 definitely isn't a bad route, or a decent 1200w amp like the ppi or soundstream tn1200.1
agree with KAM here, thats a pretty decent price for a kardon ampto my memory, kardon (the parent of jbl) has done and still does some very decent stuff. Hell, they powered the beast for a while (Alma Gates'(RIP) bronco). I shipped my SQ2200.1 (an 18 lb amplifier) for around $20 from southeast south dakota to OKC, OK, so all in you should be around $85 for a pretty decent amp, that being said, this jbl wont weigh even half of the amp i shipped, so you shouldnt have too much shipping costs

The used JBL mentioned above is a pretty damn good deal. JBL amps are built well and meet or exceed their rated power. James B. Lansing was a highly respected pioneer in the audio field and the companies that he started have all been successful due to the high level of quality and performance of their products.

If you want new I would stretch your budget an extra $20 and go with a Rockford Fosgate Prime series. The 500w mono runs around $140. Prime amps do slightly more than their rated power and RF amps in general have exceptional engineering and build quality.

thanks for the offers but i don't think ill be actually buying one for a few months! i actually am going to up my budget a little.

lol your user name is same as website.. have u ordered subs yet? about only think u get at that price is used except maybe the ppi ion650 but the 1k is normally just few $ more get that., if u can the 650 is $99 very tiny amps but they were tested to do almost rated power which is more than can be said for most other amps in that price range.. NEW Precision Power iON i1000.1 1000 Watt Mono Small Compact Subwoofer Amplifier | eBay
i havent but them and they actually just sold out so i don't know if i'll wait or get something else! ill look into the new ppi and see how it looks thanks for the info! you guys sure are awesome!

thanks for the offers but i don't think ill be actually buying one for a few months! i actually am going to up my budget a little.
Phew... I just tested out the GTX on my AMM-1 and the little amp puts out WAY more than I thought... Hell at 4 ohms I got 685 watts out of it. Kind of want to keep it around now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.