$500-$600 to spend on components and amp

mark871214
10+ year member

texas
I kinda have an idea of what brands are good(Focal, Image Dynamics, Rainbow, Boston Acoustics), But each of these brands have so many sets of components it just makes it harder to choose. Ive never heard a set of components before. I just want it to get loud and clear. I also dont know what amps would be good for components. If anyone could give me some good components/amp combos that would be great. Ive kinda had my eye on some Focal 165KF. And i need 6.5s btw.

Im in the same boat and im probably going to go with the new audioque comps, and a rockford fosgate t400-2 amp. That willl set me back under 500 dollars and kick ass

Im in the same boat and im probably going to go with the new audioque comps, and a rockford fosgate t400-2 amp. That willl set me back under 500 dollars and kick ass
Post a review of the AQ components as soon as you test them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I wouldn't buy used cdt audio or would buuy there loweer line at all.

I've had problems with cdt over the past even though i'm useing cdt es62i mid which i do like a lot but not there tweeters.

I think the focal are a good choice, but can sound bright & harsh after listening for while to different types of music.

Rianbows are nice as well.

hertz would be a good choice as well.

boston are over priced to me. I have replaced my pros with cdt audio a while back because

the midbass was lacking & tweeters where or can be harsh with women voices

I never heard the ID but you find great reviews on them as well.

just for saftety, make sure you get a warranty with anything you buy.

I wouldn't buy used cdt audio or would buuy there loweer line at all.I've had problems with cdt over the past even though i'm useing cdt es62i mid which i do like a lot but not there tweeters.

I think the focal are a good choice, but can sound bright & harsh after listening for while to different types of music.

Rianbows are nice as well.

hertz would be a good choice as well.

boston are over priced to me. I have replaced my pros with cdt audio a while back because

the midbass was lacking & tweeters where or can be harsh with women voices

I never heard the ID but you find great reviews on them as well.

just for saftety, make sure you get a warranty with anything you buy.
well idk why against buying used but i would however if buying cdt get the cl-62 mid or higher since they give much better midbass, and also as far as tweets just like any other tweet everyone has their own taste for tweets and it depends on how much power u give them, where u place them, and how much u play with the tunning

i run cl-62cf series and they are great speakers for under the 200 dollar range

The higher line of cdt audio is good but not great.

I know we all heard things differently but i have bought the drt25 soft dome & those es01(vifa)tweeters as well, i have had some friends of mine listen to my set up & every one has told me for a soft dome they are kind od harsh.

i do agree with them.

I have tried the seas tweeters as well, wish i think can sound nice if your'e going active.

but i think tweeters like rainbow & hertz sund more of like what soft dome should sound like to me.

but nothing sounds as nice as a large format tweeter thats why i put some in my car & if you could the difference then you probably would have secound thoughts on your cdt audio tweeters.

I have some Zapco CK-16.2's...choice makes it easy for you, it's the highest end on the Zapco line. I have a FS thread on them, but I've been thinking about using them for myself, not quite sure what to do now since they are an amazing set of comps. The tweeters are just pure bliss. Oh man...decisions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mark871214

10+ year member
mark871214
texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from