5 channel amps

Wow those are nice. What're the key differences between the gt and gta series besides specs?

The key difference was that, except for the GTA mono block, the GTA series of BA amps were not that special. They were meant and priced to compete with amps like MB Quart ONX. Yes, it's a good deal to buy a GTA 5-channel for $200 or less, but they're not in the same league as the GT series. This one is in the same league with MB Quart ONX4.80/500, and for the same price I'd buy an MB Quart ONX4.80/500 for servicing purposes under warranty, just in case, because I think the later is still a current model.

Yeah. There's a huge thread on DIYMA about it. Most people weren't aware of the 5V in spec and their eclipse units were forcing the amp into protect. The others were having issues with mounting them upside down or in poorly ventilated areas. Since the American Bass is similarly (although a bit higher) rated and close to the same price, I'd say it's a smarter choice than the MA.
IMHO, Class A/B amp in a tiny package, like NX4 and NX5 is a bad idea. Yes, it would work great if only I installed it horizontally on a flat surface, and had a fan blowing on it.. To make things worse, the specs suggest that the company encourages the subwoofer channel to run at 1ohm, which could make heat issues worse. They're also overrated. Other compact amplifiers, like An Alpine MRX-V60/V70 or Polk D5000.5 will provide the same amount of power while running much cooler, and cost about same.

Yeah. There's a huge thread on DIYMA about it. Most people weren't aware of the 5V in spec and their eclipse units were forcing the amp into protect. The others were having issues with mounting them upside down or in poorly ventilated areas. Since the American Bass is similarly (although a bit higher) rated and close to the same price, I'd say it's a smarter choice than the MA.
Well, I can say that American Bass make some pretty good amps,by far, enough that Ive finally set my zeds down for a rest.I got the VFL Mini Hybrids recently,2)4480.1d,and 1)150.4,and they sound amazing,and Ill just bet that the 5ch, that Mr Mylows10 has mentioned will be nothing but just as impressive

Well, I can say that American Bass make some pretty good amps,by far, enough that Ive finally set my zeds down for a rest.I got the VFL Mini Hybrids recently,2)4480.1d,and 1)150.4,and they sound amazing,and Ill just bet that the 5ch, that Mr Mylows10 has mentioned will be nothing but just as impressive
It's feedback like this that makes my decision so freakin' difficult on the next multi-channel...I'm bouncing between the AB, Boston GT, Zuki Eleets Hybrid, and DLS A5. Yeah, different price points I know, but those have been the contenders. Zed Levi was for a while, but the feedback on zed owners who went Zuki kinda changed that for me. Though if I plan to go three-way active in the next car, might go back on the roster.

I'm needing a new 5 channel amp. Looking for one to run 500 watts to 2 ohm sub and 50-75 watts to front components. I like the Alpine PDX-V9 or Kicker IX1000.5 but they are a little out of my price range. Anyone have any experience or your thoughts on the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5D. Also looking for one that's not going to take up a bunch of space and delivers clean sound. Thanks
Not many 5-channel amps will got up to 500watts with 2ohm subwoofer, but ~400watts is entirely reasonable. Talk a look at Polk Audio D5000, Alpine MRX-V60/V70 (according to a review, V70 does its rated power at just 12.5V, so 400 should be doable with higher voltage), JBL GTO-EZ.

It's feedback like this that makes my decision so freakin' difficult on the next multi-channel...I'm bouncing between the AB, Boston GT, Zuki Eleets Hybrid, and DLS A5. Yeah, different price points I know, but those have been the contenders. Zed Levi was for a while, but the feedback on zed owners who went Zuki kinda changed that for me. Though if I plan to go three-way active in the next car, might go back on the roster.
LOL, Im with you on that..I havent ran a single amp in years though.Im now running 3 amps in my CRV,and thinking about the 5ch to save space, and get some power at the same time.The last 2 single amps I ran were the JBL GTQ 400,and the USA US Acoustics 6300.If I found an Ed9.5,id be all over that one,but the American Bass amps I dont believe i would give second thoughts upon..just fantastic amps of the ones ive obtained,so far.i will get the 5ch American Bass amp in a couple weeks, and try it out for sure,and will post my opinion,just as I have with the VFL Hybrids for everyone

LOL, Im with you on that..I havent ran a single amp in years though.Im now running 3 amps in my CRV,and thinking about the 5ch to save space, and get some power at the same time.The last 2 single amps I ran were the JBL GTQ 400,and the USA US Acoustics 6300.If I found an Ed9.5,id be all over that one,but the American Bass amps I dont believe i would give second thoughts upon..just fantastic amps of the ones ive obtained,so far.i will get the 5ch American Bass amp in a couple weeks, and try it out for sure,and will post my opinion,just as I have with the VFL Hybrids for everyone
Looking forward to it. You could end up being the swing vote. And the jbl gtq was an amazing amp. Next car might have to end up being an extra wide so I could fit a Zuki Eleets 10-channel custom lol. Talk about a single solution.

Not many 5-channel amps will got up to 500watts with 2ohm subwoofer, but ~400watts is entirely reasonable. Talk a look at Polk Audio D5000, Alpine MRX-V60/V70 (according to a review, V70 does its rated power at just 12.5V, so 400 should be doable with higher voltage), JBL GTO-EZ.
There is no doubt that Alpine still make some great amps.I still play around with my old school 35 series amps Duo-b/3523/3525/3522/3550/3527 all the 35 series amps they made were pure SQ amps,and still delivered power.JBL amps have been around for quite some time as well, and are very well made amps..I still play around with my old school GTQ/GTS series amps..Love em

Looking forward to it. You could end up being the swing vote. And the jbl gtq was an amazing amp. Next car might have to end up being an extra wide so I could fit a Zuki Eleets 10-channel custom lol. Talk about a single solution.
LOL!! Beast on wheels!

I could almost Swear that is one of my old amps..I ran that series in a 95 Maxima,Great amps too, but not as impressive, as the GTQ series,thus my opinion
Thought that was a GTQ. Oh well, don't want this to get off-topic.

Anyone have experience with the DLS A7/A5 and can testify to their benefits over previously-mentioned options?

i have an ed nine.5 fs
RMS Power @ 12.5v : Front Channels

4 x 100 @ 4Ohm @ 0.05%THD

4 x 55 @ 8Ohm @ 0.05%THD

4 x 175 @ 2Ohm @ 0.05%THD

2 x 350 @ 4Ohm @ 0.05%THD

RMS Power (Subwoofer Channel) @ 12.5v :

1 x 250w @ 4Ohm @ 0.09%THD

1 x 450w @ 2Ohm @ 0.09%THD

1 x 600w @ 1Ohm @ 0.09%THD
Good Lord!! What a beaut man!! Its always around my bills to pay time when one pops up!!Ill keep an eye on this one here,maybe i can get some amps out for it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.