Kicker ZX 700.1 @ 1 ohm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mat3833
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
florida
so, ive been reading that pple run the ZX amps at 1 ohm with proper electrical without problems. what kind of electrical are we talking about here?

it will probobly be going in a 2003 Volkswagen GTI or Turbo S. my old Turbo S sat at 13.8V at idle with my old system on(TMA500.1 @ 2 ohms and factory everything else) with just an optima yellow top. what would i need to do to make the amp run at 1 ohm without issues?

Matt

ZX amps are rated for 2 ohms, it's the amp itself that can't handle 1 ohm, not your electrical... You'll hear about a lot of people using ZX at 1 ohm, but you'll also hear about lots of fried amps.

ZX amps are rated for 2 ohms, it's the amp itself that can't handle 1 ohm, not your electrical... You'll hear about a lot of people using ZX at 1 ohm, but you'll also hear about lots of fried amps.
No lol they can hang bro ... Most of them anyways I had my zx1000 at .5 for a lil but on my cvxs

well 1 of 2 things will happen. it will be fine, or it will(hopefully) protect. either way it wont see 1 ohm often if at all. if it puts out the 700@ 4 ohms @ 14.4V then i will probobly be happy and leave it.

but if i wanted to run it at 1 ohm what would be reccomended to help it cope?

matt

well 1 of 2 things will happen. it will be fine, or it will(hopefully) protect. either way it wont see 1 ohm often if at all. if it puts out the 700@ 4 ohms @ 14.4V then i will probobly be happy and leave it.

matt
Solid *** electrical

matt
Solid *** electrical

matt
Pretty sure that they do 700 at two ohms. My bro ran a 1000 @ 1 ohm without problems in an Explorer. Not that I recommend it. He's kinda tarded.

It is rated at 700 rms @ 2 ohm and will put out more loaded at 1 ohm. Most have had success doing this with the older zx amps. Very solid amps.

@wickedwitt

Someone high light the user name there. That dude knows everything about kicker amps.

Pretty sure that they do 700 at two ohms. My bro ran a 1000 @ 1 ohm without problems in an Explorer. Not that I recommend it. He's kinda tarded.
They do over 900 at 2 there underated check birth sheet

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

It is rated at 700 rms @ 2 ohm and will put out more loaded at 1 ohm. Most have had success doing this with the older zx amps. Very solid amps.
@wickedwitt

Someone high light the user name there. That dude knows everything about kicker amps.
Wrong .. And it's a zx750.1 this hole thread is lulz but anyways ^^^ read up there lol

They do over 900 at 2 there underated check birth sheet 

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Wrong .. And it's a zx750.1 this hole thread is lulz but anyways ^^^ read up there lol
Sorry mr perfect. At work... Busy... Learned a lesson..

oh god, sue me for listing it as a 700.... lol, will someone please define STOUT ******* ELECTRICAL. am i talking a HO alt, second battery, dual runs of welding cable?? (ok, the cable is way overkill, but you get the point).

i intend to do the big 3 when i get the new car as well as put a new battery in(not sure what kind yet)

Matt

oh god, sue me for listing it as a 700.... lol, will someone please define STOUT ******* ELECTRICAL. am i talking a HO alt, second battery, dual runs of welding cable?? (ok, the cable is way overkill, but you get the point).

i intend to do the big 3 when i get the new car as well as put a new battery in(not sure what kind yet)

Matt

ill probobly get one of the custom Big 3 kits from here to do that. and there is a chassis ground like 6" from where the amp will be mounted. i plan to use 0ga OFC with an inline fuse for wire. as long as my voltage stays at +14v i should be fine is what ur saying?

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.