5.1 surround sound, worth it?

it will be worth it for you if you are satisfied in the end. if you watch lots of movies in your car, i could see how it could be worth it, maybe.

I have the H701 with the W200 dvd head unit and I'm running a 2.1 setup....5.1 would be overkill imo. You should spend the extra cash on getting the best possible components and getting your front stage setup properly. You'll listen to music more than you watch movies.

I have the H701 with the W200 dvd head unit and I'm running a 2.1 setup....5.1 would be overkill imo. You should spend the extra cash on getting the best possible components and getting your front stage setup properly. You'll listen to music more than you watch movies.
oh it's Firas. nice setup buddy. i'll have a similar one soon, but i'm running 5.1 cause all of my speakers are in the front except my subs. full front stage + 5.1 = great stuff, movies + music.

You know it's funny you take a small snippet of what I said as a reason to bust my balls for not being on topic- if you read the entirety of my post the jist of it was no it isn't worth it and this is why I think so. Last I checked, the point of a forum was to ask for other peoples goddam opinions! So of course that was my opinion, that's what the thread asked for!I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with me, but don't act like he asked about 5.1 and my post was "cheese sandwiches are good" That would be totally unrelated. I would argue your post saying I was off topic was actually the one off-topic. To sum up- No, I do not think it would be worth it , and cheese sandwiches are good. Thank you, goodnight now.

I wasn't trying to bust your balls. Sorry if you took it that way but I try NOT to get that way on here. The original post was if 5.1 in a car was worth it. Not whether or not someone liked 5.1 channel music mixes. You voiced your opinion on that but it wasn't really relevant to his question. Bottom line is what he decides is woth it to him. It's not like he can't turn off the surrounds when he is listening to 2 channel stereo music.

I wasn't trying to bust your balls. Sorry if you took it that way but I try NOT to get that way on here. The original post was if 5.1 in a car was worth it. Not whether or not someone liked 5.1 channel music mixes. You voiced your opinion on that but it wasn't really relevant to his question. Bottom line is what he decides is woth it to him. It's not like he can't turn off the surrounds when he is listening to 2 channel stereo music.
That's fine man, beef ended. Sorry your team got jacked in the BCS.

That's fine man, beef ended. Sorry your team got jacked in the BCS.
Thats ok, I pretty much expected that to happen when that little bitch Urban Myer started his whining and campaigning. Not to mention 2 former U-F coaches, Stever Spurrier and Ron Zook flip flopped in Florida's favor too.

yep, you guys are really on topic now....

anyway... i'd say if you have a suv or something large 5.1 would sound insane and do it because people well WANT to be in your car everywhere they go........ what does that mean? taxi fair. u'll pay off any expenses for it within a year.

i think if you have a small car like a coupe or something 5.1 really won't make a movie sound better. maybe anoying even

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.