4x6 Installation help

Participant count
  • Participant list
just look around for the screws in your door panels, then take them out and feel around for plastic hooks under the panel and pull out where they are at, that will take them off typically.

adam

I've never seen the interior of one of those, but truthfully, you may have a REALLY hard time getting certain panels off of a car. I'm not saying that's your case, but it could be. In my geo I had to take out the whole back seat, remove a few screws here and there, take off 1 panel to get to another, etc. Just keep in mind what your doing when digging into your car.

how in the hell did you have to take out your back seat when taking off panels?? and were you doing that when putting dynamat or some sound deadening stuff.

adam

Neither, it's kind of hard to explain, but all I was trying to do was replace the back speakers which were blown. They were coverd by some weird plastic grilles, which were attatched to a board, and couldn't be removed from the board. Therefore, I had to take off the back seat, play with the seat belts, take off the plastic lining panels, etc. Why don't they THINK when making these cars?

In my cousin's car we had to remove the whole dash to get the head unit out. Sad.

Hehe, that's one of the few things best buy is good for.. if you buy the product there. Some of the installers **** ass though. No offense to that guy on this forum that works there.

yeah that would be me, but i'm not pissed i know a lot of the installer's **** balls at best buy, i tend to think my friend ian is one exception and when i help so am i. we don't do the pre-fab look b.s. that best buy wants us to do we do it how we would want it to look. and sometime's get tips, one guy gave ian and i like 100bucks combined for his install b/c he said it hit hard

adam

I glanced at the panels and didn't see any visable screws. I'll give a more thorough look tomorrow. Since it hasn't been answered in the other board yet, name a good Sony HU for $250 or less. I just got a Sony changer installed(best buy).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.