4th Order Wall behind 2nd row seat in blazer

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not going to happen behind the rear seat.

If you rip out all side plastics and build inside the truck, you may....MAY have enough..but you won't have room for batteries/amps at that point.

idk... ive seen other blazers do the same thing and it worked out. i know you have the exp tho. im just curious to what it would do. he// i can get the wall $20 bucks. you figure for that cheap its worth a try, he// if it dont, it would make some nice fire wood lol

Not going to happen behind the rear seat.

If you rip out all side plastics and build inside the truck, you may....MAY have enough..but you won't have room for batteries/amps at that point.

but i have seen other blazers doin it behind the 2nd row seat popn 154's on music. couple of guys do it in the org i compete in

Our blazer is a wall behind the back seat doing mid-high 50's on music. However, there extremely limited space back there. Most that are really loud built a battery rack under the back and have their amps where ever they can manage to make them fit. I'm just saying there are many things workign against a wall behind the rear seat in our trucks. If you can build it for just a few bucks then might as well try it out and see what you think.

If you are wanting to get loud there are several ways to do it with out having to use a wall. That amp of yours is a huge weak point in your system. I understand budget restraints keep you from upgrading, but I'm just saying if you really want to get loud, then you will need to over come your budget by taking a long time to build or saving up funds. Being loud takes time and money....and then more time for test/tune. Very rarely does some one toss something together and they are just loud out of the box.

but i have seen other blazers doin it behind the 2nd row seat popn 154's on music. couple of guys do it in the org i compete in
Here is something else to consider.

1. 154 is not loud for a wall what so ever.

2. Some other subs require different enclosure designs and after a lot of trial/error some one has found something that sort of works.

3. Most will have far more power then you do currently.

Remember, just because you see it "work" for others does not mean it will work for you. It may get you in the right direction but lets revisit what I said in the post above.

Getting loud takes time and a large amount of funds. If you are not prepared to offer up both, then you should try to be more content with what you currently have and when your stance changes on funds/time then you can start to rework your setup for chasing numbers yet still daily loud. I am not trying to be a "****" here at all. Just saying that you post these threads all the time about "what should I do" when several members point out a few things that could be done..then you post a new thread.. "what about this".... Instead of that spend a few bucks and build...test...build...test..build...test.... and keep repeating until you have no ideas left or you achieved the numbers you are after.

Our blazer is a wall behind the back seat doing mid-high 50's on music. However, there extremely limited space back there. Most that are really loud built a battery rack under the back and have their amps where ever they can manage to make them fit. I'm just saying there are many things workign against a wall behind the rear seat in our trucks. If you can build it for just a few bucks then might as well try it out and see what you think.

If you are wanting to get loud there are several ways to do it with out having to use a wall. That amp of yours is a huge weak point in your system. I understand budget restraints keep you from upgrading, but I'm just saying if you really want to get loud, then you will need to over come your budget by taking a long time to build or saving up funds. Being loud takes time and money....and then more time for test/tune. Very rarely does some one toss something together and they are just loud out of the box.
yea i know the budget part is killer. but i have to run everything by "the boss" (my wife)lmao... before i do any buying... but yea for 20 bucks why not try it. hell i could sell it if dont and get my money back. i mean im pretty fine with my numbers now. considering the money i have in it im pretty happy. he// i went up last show with out adding power just moved box alittle and used a diff freq. but yea i know the amp is a weak point, just trying to see how loud i can get, doing it cheap lol...

In our trucks you can build the enclosure for a wall outside the truck in two pieces and slide it in if you want. May be a little harder with a 4th order, but it should still work for the most part.

BTW I think I may now of a design that may work...maybe lol not 100% sure it would be much if any louder though.

Here is something else to consider.
1. 154 is not loud for a wall what so ever.

2. Some other subs require different enclosure designs and after a lot of trial/error some one has found something that sort of works.

3. Most will have far more power then you do currently.

Remember, just because you see it "work" for others does not mean it will work for you. It may get you in the right direction but lets revisit what I said in the post above.

Getting loud takes time and a large amount of funds. If you are not prepared to offer up both, then you should try to be more content with what you currently have and when your stance changes on funds/time then you can start to rework your setup for chasing numbers yet still daily loud. I am not trying to be a "****" here at all. Just saying that you post these threads all the time about "what should I do" when several members point out a few things that could be done..then you post a new thread.. "what about this".... Instead of that spend a few bucks and build...test...build...test..build...test.... and keep repeating until you have no ideas left or you achieved the numbers you are after.
i understand. but 154 around here is loud. you live in a bigger city. here my 147 is pretty good. and i know it may not work for me. but its worth the try. i am aiming at more power. not sure how much but that will come in due time. i have a friend with a AB 500.1 i can use to test the wall with.

i understand. but 154 around here is loud. you live in a bigger city. here my 147 is pretty good. and i know it may not work for me. but its worth the try. i am aiming at more power. not sure how much but that will come in due time. i have a friend with a AB 500.1 i can use to test the wall with.
I was considering the national level not local. At a "local" show you can do a 147-150 and be louder then 99% of everyone out there even around here.

In our trucks you can build the enclosure for a wall outside the truck in two pieces and slide it in if you want. May be a little harder with a 4th order, but it should still work for the most part.
BTW I think I may now of a design that may work...maybe lol not 100% sure it would be much if any louder though.
with this being said. is there a such thing as a "pop in wall" lmao. she is wanting to have kids(not saying im not)... this would be a easy to remove wall that i could throw in before a show and remove it after the show to keep my back seats lmao...

with this being said. is there a such thing as a "pop in wall" lmao. she is wanting to have kids(not saying im not)... this would be a easy to remove wall that i could throw in before a show and remove it after the show to keep my back seats lmao...
Not really for our trucks. You will have to build around the rear wheel wells and the rear hatch is far to small to slide the enclosure in/out in one piece.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.