4th order question

rusty_armadillo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay city, MI
I've been thinking about doing a 4th order in my grandprix with a plexi back and the port firing through the ski hole. I have never used, heard or even seen one in person I just think they're cool to be honest. I'm wondering if it would be louder then a basic slot port box like I'm running now. I will be running 1 audiopulse axis 12, I don't think I have room for both, off a treo ssx 2000.1. So if anyone has any insightful info if this should be louder then a regular slotted box or if this is a good driver to use I'd appreciate the input.

it will be alot louder within a set range

bandpass are ussaly good from 35-100hz but inbetween that you gain upwards of 6db so deff efficent but below and above the tuning you get a big ass drop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If tuned properly, it will be louder than your slotted port. I've done this, went from sealed to a bandpass that's ported through my ski hole (I have a thread in the build logs, CHECK IT!). The difference was night and day.

ALL the sound is now coming into the cabin, my trunk doesn't rattle like crazy anymore and it actually sounds just as clean as the sealed box was. It might just be the type x's though...dunno.

Anyway, if you have the skill to do this...then do it! It will be louder, if that's what you're looking for.

i also have a question.....

is there a difference in the port to ft^3 ratios from a standard ported box (12-16:1) to a 4th or 6th order box?

i also have a question.....
is there a difference in the port to ft^3 ratios from a standard ported box (12-16:1) to a 4th or 6th order box?
Anywhere from 20 at the low end to 35 per cubic foot works. Really depends on the application.

And dont bother with WinISD or BBP to give a reliable graph of any box, especially bandpass from what Ive seen.

You just gotta play with the enclosure

These guys with loud ass 4th n 6th orders have many many hours into them

making front chamber/port smaller, larger etc..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.