4th order BP 4 12 in Hfi's for local.

marcotheclepto
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran

Will be going in the back of a Jimmy, built for a friend of mine as his second system.

will be putting this little design courtesy of mobeious together today. Off to lowes now to get the MDF pics will be posted as i come to stopping points //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Volumes of the chambers and tuning freq?

And just curious... if he's got the money to get 4 of those subs and enough power, and to build a large elaborate box like that, why wouldn't you just go with a pair of "quality" subs. I mean, being different is always neat, but this seems a little counter-intuitive.

I remember someone building a 4th order BP for some Hifonics HFi's, he said they sounded "decent" but most reviews I've seen on those subs have been terrible.

im running six subs.of these in a wall. They sound great. I'm tuned way too high but even for around 50+ htz they sound great. For 30 dollars a sub and the performance I get from them I'm happy. I have to say that 1 RE xxx 15 on 1000 rms in 4.3 cubes at 32 htz compared to this. The subs on 1200 rms are as equally as loud just as smooth just have a faster response. I just think that for a 4th order you are going to really need the space. You really have to give these subs airspace or else they will just fail!. You will get very little musical power. So if you are running 4 you will need at least 5 cubes to 6 cubes sealed and 8 to 9 cubes on the ported side. and these subs like higher frequency ranges. With my setup. my truck peakes as it sits at 64 htz. I dropped in a 35 htz tuning port and my subs really drop off around 80 htz. so. If you don't have the proper airspace you are really gonna hate this setup. and 5-6 and 8-9 cubes you should have a very nice build. For all the subs I've played with I actually like these subs. I really wish they made a 15 inch version of the hfi with a similar price tag.

im running six subs.of these in a wall. They sound great. I'm tuned way too high but even for around 50+ htz they sound great. For 30 dollars a sub and the performance I get from them I'm happy. I have to say that 1 RE xxx 15 on 1000 rms in 4.3 cubes at 32 htz compared to this. The subs on 1200 rms are as equally as loud just as smooth just have a faster response. I just think that for a 4th order you are going to really need the space. You really have to give these subs airspace or else they will just fail!. You will get very little musical power. So if you are running 4 you will need at least 5 cubes to 6 cubes sealed and 8 to 9 cubes on the ported side. and these subs like higher frequency ranges. With my setup. my truck peakes as it sits at 64 htz. I dropped in a 35 htz tuning port and my subs really drop off around 80 htz. so. If you don't have the proper airspace you are really gonna hate this setup. and 5-6 and 8-9 cubes you should have a very nice build. For all the subs I've played with I actually like these subs. I really wish they made a 15 inch version of the hfi with a similar price tag.
comparing 6 12's to a SINGLE 15 is an absolutely horrid comparison.

as for the build, should be interesting to see what those do in a 4th order.

Will be going in the back of a Jimmy, built for a friend of mine as his second system.

will be putting this little design courtesy of mobeious together today. Off to lowes now to get the MDF pics will be posted as i come to stopping points //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thats wat i was thinkin...rear chamber 4 cubes

front chamber as big as u can

with a 200 square inch port 12inches long and u should be good to go

hmm kinda worried about this now. is rather small externally 28x26x36 from what i calculated its 4.5 sealed 7.3 at 48 with 100 sq in of port. all before sub displacement. (was emailed the .skp file and i went from there.) didn't finish build today because i put my trust in Home depots cutting ability... 2 sides were .25 too short and one was .25 too long. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif long story short builds on pause till tomorrow. had to come back home and search my scrap pile for 2 pieces large enough to be cut for the short sides. will have it finished tomorrow or the next day depending on the weather, been raining allot lately.

Let me know how it sounds when you get done! Your bandpass looks VERY similar to the one I built not too long ago. Mine only had around 40 sq in of port (2 12"s), and it still sounds great. No port noise or anything. Sometimes I wonder if people who recommend such a crazy port area are going overkill.

comparing 6 12's to a SINGLE 15 is an absolutely horrid comparison.

as for the build, should be interesting to see what those do in a 4th order.
Volumes of the chambers and tuning freq?
And just curious... if he's got the money to get 4 of those subs and enough power, and to build a large elaborate box like that, why wouldn't you just go with a pair of "quality" subs. I mean, being different is always neat, but this seems a little counter-intuitive.

I remember someone building a 4th order BP for some Hifonics HFi's, he said they sounded "decent" but most reviews I've seen on those subs have been terrible.
Ive been beatin on my setup for ~4 months and have only blown 1 sub.

Hfi's sound disgusting sealed, but with my BP they're clean as ever.

Ive gotten incredible feedback from these woofers BP style. Your gonna be stoked.

Looks sweet.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

In for the results..

GoodLuck.....

well, after measuing all the sides, there was no way of getting this built as is. without buying more wood, that was out of question so redid the design. 9.5 ported tuned to 35 Hz. the sub baffle was too small to mount the subs. almost all the cuts were off by 1/16 1/4 of an inch... so recut them and made em all line up. will post pics tomorrow. got all 4 sides attached. tonight. dint take pics because i was too tired. went straight into trying to fix this as soon as i got offa work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.