4th Order Box Build Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

robbierob02

I have recently got me a tahoe and want to build me a 4th order box. I have never built a ported enclosure so i dont know where to start as far as which 4th order design i want or where to begin. I have always used sealed boxes so please bear with me people. I have 2 10" DB Drive K9's and I will attach an image of the specs of the subs so you guys can try helping me out. I want to get the best from a 4th order and at the same time get a frequency range like a sealed box has. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps!

okay so i still need help with my build but have continued researching. i have read to start off with the speakers recommened airspace which is 1.20 sealed so i would need 2.40 cu/ft for my sealed side since i will be running 2 drivers. now if using a 2:1 ratio for my ported side i would need 4.80 cu/ft of airspace. if thats correct so far my questions are:

1. i would like the box to be tuned to 45hz but dont understand how to determine port area and length?

2. this will be going in a tahoe so the max width i have to work with is 40 i would like to keep the height just below the backseat so a max height of 22 and depth i would like to try and keep under 22 if possible for the external enclosure dimensions. before all displacements that would roughly give me 9.63 cu/ft to work with which is more than what i need correct?

3. Am i somewhat starting to get the hang of a 4th order bandpass enclsoure? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I'm choosing a 4th order because I wanted to try something different from all my sealed enclosures in the past. Once I heard my system I liked the output but didn't like the fact that I don't get as much range as I did in my sealed enclosure. And as far as the tuning I read the most common tuning frequencies were 45-48 so that's why I was thinking 45hz.. Then I watched quite a bit of 4th orders on YouTube and was impressed with the output of 2 10's in a 4th order when done correctly and decided to go this route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.