4th order bandpass box

Participant count
  • Participant list

sandrailer

Ok let me start by saying, i have seen a lot of ppl totaly aginst this design. My question is ,why.

I had an orion xtr 12 in a 4th order back in the 80s powere by an orion 250sx amp and it was killer!

I understand that not all subwoofers are built for this kind of box and should never be stuffed in one if they wernt built for it. But why so negative toward 4th order bandpass boxes?

Im looking at the sundown audio sa-12d4 and putting it in a 4th order. So what would be so wrong with that setup? I see ssa says they are also a nice fit for a 4th order.

nothing wrong with a 4th order if designed correctly. I have heard some really good sounding/musical 4ths and I have heard some loud, peaky, bad sounding ones as well. Usually when I see huge ported section and big port, they typically fall into the loud but not good sounding. Again, the desing is going to be the key and sometimes trial and error.

BTW, I heard that the SA series did better in 6th orders than 4th orders. Dont know if that is true, but have heard that several times.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.