4ohm supertweet with 8ohm mid

Participant count
  • Participant list

soulnomad
10+ year member

i has free bikes.
i have 4x AQ pro audio 6.5s(8ohm) and 4x AQ supertweets(4ohm) and 4x audiopipe passive crossovers.im trying to raise the impedance on each tweeter to 8 ohm considering i have a 2 channel amp my mids and highs are running off.should get a 4 ohm resistor for each tweeter to raise the impedance to 8ohms or does anyone have a better suggestion with my current setup(no amp change and i understand impedance matching changes at crossover point) thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
you should just swap out the component values for the woofers.

i assume the Audiopipe crossovers are for 4 ohm drivers. which means the LPF for the woofer is half what it should be. this gives you a gap in the response. by adding 4 ohms in series with the tweeter you would lower the crossover point by half. that might not be a good idea. depends on the Fs of the tweeter, the tweeter frequency response, and the crossover point/impedance load the crossovers are designed for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.