468lbs in the trunk upgraded rear suspension?

nate2587
10+ year member

So i would imaged almost 500lbs in the trunk of a 1997 Sebring LXI Coupe probably wouldn't be good for the stock suspension what coils or where would i go to get the rear suspension upgraded to support that kind of weight.

Reason i ask is cause i had 4 brand new tires on my car but since the rear sagged cause the extra weight the tires wore down faster on the insides now i gotta buy new tires and i want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Suggestions?

the new suspension will not change the amount of tire wear. it will re direct it so that the wear is over the whole tire rather than the inside but you will still buy new tires at the same rate.

the new suspension will not change the amount of tire wear. it will re direct it so that the wear is over the whole tire rather than the inside but you will still buy new tires at the same rate.
Wouldn't that be better than just a 1/4 part of the tire. i made the mistake of rotating my tires so now they are all warped to ****

**** wat all do u got in the trunk?
queen_big_girl_in_thong.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

really.. are you that dumb.. if you wear the inside of the tires only you will be going through them much faster.. the wear won't be as much on the whole tire as the weight will be spread out..

same boat with my explorer. closer to 600 pounds in the rear though. my shocks need replaced anyway... alot of people tell me go with air for the rear but i dont want to screw up the way it rides?

Same boat here... I am probably just going to do airbags when I get me student loan money. Unless I decide to get rims instead, then I am just going to add "airlift 1000" bags for like Air Lift Company - Products - Air Lift 1000

my stuff weighed in at like 350-400 but I am probably going to be adding another 100lb+ battery when I get the BTL 18 and DD Z1 put in...

FTR, these work REALLY well! we used them on our farm trucks for years...

i just need a **** tire that fits a 20'' rims for a astro van that can hold more then 1700 lbs **** it! suspensions is fine but getting a 245-45-20 to hold all might weight is effing me

Same boat here... I am probably just going to do airbags when I get me student loan money. Unless I decide to get rims instead, then I am just going to add "airlift 1000" bags for like Air Lift Company - Products - Air Lift 1000my stuff weighed in at like 350-400 but I am probably going to be adding another 100lb+ battery when I get the BTL 18 and DD Z1 put in...

FTR, these work REALLY well! we used them on our farm trucks for years...
This looks pretty good i wonder if they have one available for my car

you might want to try to get the rear aligned. from what i remembered when i had my 96 sebring convertible it had adjustments on the rear for this. anyways, when your suspension has more load on it the rear end squats therefore puts and uneven load on your tires. instead of the stock height where the load would be evenly spread through the tire, putting a load in the trunk will lower your suspension and thus putting more wear on the inside of the tire. if you want to do the suspension go ahead. but im just giving you the reason the insides are wearing. your suspension may still have alot of life in it, and getting it adjusted might be the fix. also is alot cheaper, its 500 vs 50. i wish i had pics to show you but i couldnt find any

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.