Remote wire caused your transmission solenoid to go? I wouldn't think it'd be possible, that remote wire doesn't care much current... It's just from a relay/transistor switch of sorts from the head unit, not directly the battery in my understanding. I'm surprised it'd carry enough to do any damage.

I'd put money on if anything blew it was the small fuse on the back most have.

Thats what I would think but then again I have an 06 Sierra and the Bose system and such. But I was just making sure the HU isnt destroyed and was just hoping its a fuse.

umm...gmc or not there is no way the remote wire will do a thing to your tranny. ifyou have the amp hooked to your deck there is no freaking way. its justa fuse dude. either the fuse on the deck or a small 10a in the fuse box.

wait a minute....unless you have the deck hooked to the white wire going to your fuse box. ifyou grounded the white wire it will effect your tranny. this wire has to be hooked up when you put in a remote start as well becasue it powers the transmission. i have seen people instll remote starts and when the customer drives it will not leave second gear.

Ok well it ended up melting a wire on my ignition switch which then shorted the power for 2-3 and 4-5 shift solenoid circuits. Had to replace the ignition switch.

good rule to follow is when ever you add a wire to a non fused power source just add a fuse. i fuse EVERYTHING i add. better safe then sorry. if you got the radio installed at a shop and they didnt add a fuse and pulled from that circuit for your radio then go back to the shop and tell the manager and see if they will pay for it. if not at least let them know they need to fuse EVERYTHING they add.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bradfordpoole

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
bradfordpoole
Statesboro, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date