454 hemi???

Older Chevy truck engine swap= 5 hrs. max including a beer run or 2. It really isn't that hard to do. But the bear and semi driving part, that will raise the ******** flag quick like.

I cna have the 350 outta any old truck in less then 30 min it reall iis a peice of cake with the right tools and cherry picker. Hell you can pull it strip it and put it back together and have it in and running in a weekend. its the block work that makes rebuilding take so long.

fvck the Hemi

here my Chevy

mitch.jpg

fuck alll yall, I got the real HEMI //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

dsc000967ar.jpg

I dropped her off today to get hot washed and checked out. Magnafluxed when we got the moolah. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D

You can theoretically make any engine a "hemi".... but why? Hemi's ****. The lack of a squish pad doesnt allow cooling, and thus burns hotter than traditional style valves..thus needing less timing, but more octane to attain the same power as tradional heads would.. A hemi head, theoretically, should never out-perform an identical setup on the same gas, due to the lack of cooling. However...for nitro and alcohol cars...hemi heads are the most desireable, because you need to get that mixture to burn, and you can add all the timing you need.

A squish pad (the part of the head that has no dish) is designed to have the mixture forced onto it, and acts as a kind of cooling "area" or whatever you'd like to call it. The old hemi's had 2 plugs per cylineder, and forced the mixtures towards each other in the center, thus burning very quickly (similar to vortech's quickburn heads) but also burned very hot, and required higher octane to achieve the same power(on gasoline).

Basically, hemi's aren't really all that great... they were different...and never made the claimed power... and so I guess that makes them good?...no

Just say what I just said to him in front of a crowd, and when he goes to say "well Ill just put racegas in it" you say "Regardless of race gas or not, a tradional OHV head will perform better".

Now, of course, this is all subject to an incredible amount of variables, but for the lack of caring, and his ignorance, he won't know any better.

Now, of course, this is all subject to an incredible amount of variables, but for the lack of caring, and his ignorance, he won't know any better.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Not saying it is impossible to swap engines overnight, but like I said, he says he works til like midnight every night as soon as he leaves school.

He popped his hood about 3 weeks ago, and everything is stock. He has like 30yrs of grime and **** all over everything.

Not saying it is impossible to swap engines overnight, but like I said, he says he works til like midnight every night as soon as he leaves school.
He popped his hood about 3 weeks ago, and everything is stock. He has like 30yrs of grime and **** all over everything.

haha, maybe he is just the +1 upper.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DubbDesigns

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
DubbDesigns
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date