411 on my JL's (help plz)

JL_W6_v1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Car: 96 camry

Amp: Boss 1600watt

Sub: 12W6v1 (discontinued version)

Box: enclosed

Wires: I use extension cords LOL!! (im poor, trust me)

HeadUnit: Old ass Kenwood that only send 25 watt x 4 lol

Ok, so my JL's bump but it doesnt satisfy me...

they dont bump as hard as i expected..

are JL's more of SQ rather than SPL?

maybe i needa upgrade my stuff? (most likely)

whats my expected DB??

thx in advanced. (im a newb btw)

they dont bump as hard as i expected..maybe i needa upgrade my stuff? (most likely)
uh yea. put that sub in a ported box built to specs, get a better amp, scrap the extension cord (i'm scared to ask what you used for a power wire?), and upgrade the h/u. 25x4? does it still use tapes?

i don't think the 25x4 has anything to do with his subs--most ppl amp all their speakers anyways. but like everyone else pointed out--a nice ported box will definitely improve the bumps---along with a different amp and yeah get rid of the extension cords.

i don't think the 25x4 has anything to do with his subs
if its 25x4, odds are its an older, lower end model compared to most headunits on the market today. a good h/u does make a difference on how your subs sound, so getting a newer/better one would be a good idea.

well right now, my freaking deck is broken lol..

so i guess right now #1 on my list is a new deck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

probably gon get some monster cables after that lol!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.