$400 or under 600-750 RMS monoblock?

Are all American Bass amps good, or just certain lines? The prices are throwing me for a loop, priced like they are crap amps. Is there one with a bit less power but still as good as the 26801 d? It's a bit long for where I want to put it I think.
Stick with the VFL series.I dont know to be honest.Im not sure you will find a better quality amp with power as small as that amp is.If AB was crap, I woudt be running them for myself,and Ive been running Zed amps since the late 80s.You may try the 18801 in which is smaller in the VFL version, but Im not sure it will satisfy your needs @2 ohms mono,and I can not vouch for it as Ive not tried one out.If you want to go old school with a good used Zed amp @2ohms mono I have some little Autotek BTS 7050s that will bang the snott out of any 600-1k sub daily but its an A/B amp,and need ventilation.May look into a Massive Nano amp?Id still recommend the AB 26801 d all day long for your set up though

Stick with the VFL series.I dont know to be honest.Im not sure you will find a better quality amp with power as small as that amp is.If AB was crap, I woudt be running them for myself,and Ive been running Zed amps since the late 80s.You may try the 18801 in which is smaller in the VFL version, but Im not sure it will satisfy your needs @2 ohms mono,and I can not vouch for it as Ive not tried one out.If you want to go old school with a good used Zed amp @2ohms mono I have some little Autotek BTS 7050s that will bang the snott out of any 600-1k sub daily but its an A/B amp,and need ventilation.May look into a Massive Nano amp?Id still recommend the AB 26801 d all day long for your set up though
Thanks, I pm'd mylows10, I will see what he says.

Ok looks like I have seen different lengths listed for it, from 11.5 to 16 inches. If it's only 11.5 it's not too big at all.

Talked with him and right now I am leaning toward the VFL 100.1. 800watts rms @2ohm is not overkill but leaves a bit of headroom and not as hard on the electrical system.

Gah! So hard to decide! I really love the RF and it's a brand I know and already trust. The thing I like about the AB 100.1 is if I ever lose my mind and add a second w6 sub I could wire them to 1ohm and the AB would run them both easily.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.