In your opinion. A/B vs D

Yes on some amps. I did a direct swap between a JL 450/4v2 and JL HD600/4. The HD was better in the midbass but behind 3000hz and up. On the other hand my SS4A is just as good as the 450/4. It's all amp dependent. I'm sure having more processing helps the SS4 also. Can't say anything about GH.

With a high-powered subwoofer setup, good luck using class A/B without paying both arms and a kidney. Class D only makes sense for that unless you're running less than 1k and just bridging a multichannel.

Regardless of topology, I can tell a high S/N ratio and damping compared to low. like an amp with damping of say 200 compared to 1800. The new D and GH topologies really sound pretty good daily. The early D's seemed harsh to me.

Regardless of topology, I can tell a high S/N ratio and damping compared to low. like an amp with damping of say 200 compared to 1800. The new D and GH topologies really sound pretty good daily. The early D's seemed harsh to me.
I really shouldn't get into this yet again, but damping factor drops like a rock once speakers are added, which is every installation. I'm not saying it couldn't have played a factor in what you've heard, but I suggest this article:

Damping Factor: Effects On System Response

I do not believe "a watt is a watt" because I don't have golden ears and it's not hard to tell a difference in sound when only an amplifier has been changed in a familiar sound system. It's not always a big change, so maybe that's where experience in critical listening needs to come into play.

My current CV amp is a GH style. All i can say is that its clean and doesn't make my voltage drop so its not super power hungry. I have no experience with any other Amp set ups. Ill prob end up getting the soundqubed 1200 sometime in the future because i reallly want a clipping indicator on the gain knob and that 200ish rms of headroom doesnt hurt anyone. Its a D class amp vs the GH. So i was just curious.

From what I see, full range class D design is coming on strong and I think a lot of people don't hesitate buying them to power their mid/highs. Class G/H amps are pretty appealing and I'm yet to see negative feedback from anyone running them. The ones that come to mind right at the top of my head are Arc KAR series and B2 quattro. Obviously, I'm running a class H amp and I do love it. There isn't a bit of distortion and plenty of power. I think full range class D amps are also cheaper than their A/B counterparts. So if you're trying to save, I'd go with class D.

From what I see, full range class D design is coming on strong and I think a lot of people don't hesitate buying them to power their mid/highs. Class G/H amps are pretty appealing and I'm yet to see negative feedback from anyone running them. The ones that come to mind right at the top of my head are Arc KAR series and B2 quattro. Obviously, I'm running a class H amp and I do love it. There isn't a bit of distortion and plenty of power. I think full range class D amps are also cheaper than their A/B counterparts. So if you're trying to save, I'd go with class D.
The good ones are not cheaper. You get smaller and more efficient with a small lose in dynamics, that gap has become VERY small now if you pay for it.

My current CV amp is a GH style. All i can say is that its clean and doesn't make my voltage drop so its not super power hungry. I have no experience with any other Amp set ups. Ill prob end up getting the soundqubed 1200 sometime in the future because i reallly want a clipping indicator on the gain knob and that 200ish rms of headroom doesnt hurt anyone. Its a D class amp vs the GH. So i was just curious.
I'd go with a 2200 for that icon bro. It will definitely eat it all up. Plenty 2200s for sale on facebook's soundqubed only page.

I'd go with a 2200 for that icon bro. It will definitely eat it all up. Plenty 2200s for sale on facebook's soundqubed only page.
Assuming my electrical can handle it. Im on a walmart battery and a big 3. I never dip below 14s when driving.

besides 1000rms is beyond fine for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.