$400 or under 600-750 RMS monoblock?

Hmm that looks like a very nice amp, how old is it? Do you still have the original packaging? Pics?
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That looks near perfect like you said. Doing some research on them it sounds like they are very power hungry, it might be pushing it for me on stock 130a alternator when combined with a 4 channel amp as well. I am paranoid about buying used too I admit, the seller holds all the cards //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Can you PM me your best price on it and I will continue to research and let you know? I am planning on making the purchase on whatever I buy in about a week.

An American Bass vfl mini hybrid 26801 d will be perfect for that sub and vehicles electrical of a big 3 and a good agm under hood,and she will slamm all day and sound good doing it,and run cool to the touch,and very efficient. From experiencing myself..It was running a pair of XFL 10s @1ohm for a bit,but at the moment she is running a single Audio Tecnix DVC4 ohm 12 in a small ported enclosure under a seat of a 2005 chevy x-cab along with the VFL 150.4, and sounds amazing.Clean and loud on the mids and highs, and hits the lows with chest banging results very clean.Great little sub amp..and been worth every penny..both have
I like the looks and pricing on this one, American Bass good amps? I will look them up.

I like the looks and pricing on this one, American Bass good amps? I will look them up.
Excellent amps..From personal experience.It took me about two years buying several amps to find to replace my Old Zeds to give them a rest towards output/performance/price/quality to meet my expectations,and I have to say that was exceeded.Compact amps with nice power and very efficient as well.Iinstalled the system in the 06 Xcab Chevy(Neighbors vehicle) and that 26801d still sounds fantastic@2ohms..Excellent @1 ohm as well.Its a little beast.The 150.4 I placed in there was mine but was not enough on my front stage in my sig to keep up with the 4-12s I have installed.Neighbor got a good deal on it and is running a pair of Inifinity Kappa 6.5 and CDT HD tweets and and sounds excellent,4x6s rear JBL with caps off HU power

are powerbass asa10001.dx amps still around? ive had mine for a while and it seems to put out rated(1000w rms @ 1ohm). they're only about ~200 new IIRC.

That looks near perfect like you said. Doing some research on them it sounds like they are very power hungry, it might be pushing it for me on stock 130a alternator when combined with a 4 channel amp as well. I am paranoid about buying used too I admit, the seller holds all the cards //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. Can you PM me your best price on it and I will continue to research and let you know? I am planning on making the purchase on whatever I buy in about a week.
PM'd. I ran it on a stock 130 amp alt, yellow top and 4g power/ground. Before I knew how to fuse wire properly, I was opening up 50A fuses...never opened an 80A if that means anything. Voltage would dip into mid 12's with this and a 400w 4ch in my truck.

Completely understand on buying used...I'm the same way. No offense taken if you're not comfortable with it.

If you go the American Bass route, I'm sure mylows10 would be more than happy to set you up.

If you could find a clean used Elemental Designs Nine.1(Edd Nine one) that would be a great amp as well.I ran one and served quite well,.But that AB 26801 d is by far most efficient that Ive experienced for the money spent,and output

If you could find a clean used Elemental Designs Nine.1(Edd Nine one) that would be a great amp as well.I ran one and served quite well,.But that AB 26801 d is by far most efficient that Ive experienced for the money spent,and output
Do you think the AB amp would run ok on a stock 130a alternator along with another 4 channel doing 3-400rms? I really don't want to even do the big 3, too many electronics on this car and I don't want to mess with the warranty.

Do you think the AB amp would run ok on a stock 130a alternator along with another 4 channel doing 3-400rms? I really don't want to even do the big 3, too many electronics on this car and I don't want to mess with the warranty.
Not sure what vehicle you have but a stock130 amp alt and a good agm batt usually good for 1200 watts.Goover that and look into upgrades on your electrical.The big three is very simple to do and inexpensive, as well as takes the stress off your alternator as well as charging your batt better than the 8-10ga wiring that is stock.You are not removing any of your STOCK wiring,just simply adding one wire from alt to batt +,one wire from ground post on batt to frame/good ground point, and one ground to motor..Thats it.That shouldnt void any warranty in my opinion as you are not removing ANYTHING from STOCK,simply adding three wires in which to better your cheap basic charging allowance, and can be easily removed at anytime depending on where your batt is located.Id still at the least do the big 3.I recommend it on just about any vehicle with an alt.YOU TUBE the BIG3 and watch the tutorial..its worth the 3 min,and the cost of $40-60 bucks can be expected to endure the life expectancy of your alt as well as your batt/batts.Your warranty your call.Your just adding 3 wires to the existing without changing anything.Dual post batt work best in my opinion/experience.If you are worried about adding the big 3 then I recommend the largest AH AGM you can get under the hood,and trial and error from there for supply and demand

The Neighbor is running a stock 140 amp alt with big3 and one Orileys AGM on the AB 1504,4ch@4 ohms and the AB 26801d @2ohms and no issues with dimming lights or starvation for power thus far(1yr 3months) even @1 ohm on sub amp at full tilt she does fine

Just becasue the amp does 1k@1&2 ohms doesnt mean you have to use the 1k.

set your gains to 600 and you should be good. im sure you dont have anything to worry about. if my truck which has a 90A alt can take my bd 1001 and punch 500x im sure a 130a alt will take take 1.2k easily

Not sure what vehicle you have but a stock130 amp alt and a good agm batt usually good for 1200 watts.Goover that and look into upgrades on your electrical.The big three is very simple to do and inexpensive, as well as takes the stress off your alternator as well as charging your batt better than the 8-10ga wiring that is stock.You are not removing any of your STOCK wiring,just simply adding one wire from alt to batt +,one wire from ground post on batt to frame/good ground point, and one ground to motor..Thats it.That shouldnt void any warranty in my opinion as you are not removing ANYTHING from STOCK,simply adding three wires in which to better your cheap basic charging allowance, and can be easily removed at anytime depending on where your batt is located.Id still at the least do the big 3.I recommend it on just about any vehicle with an alt.YOU TUBE the BIG3 and watch the tutorial..its worth the 3 min,and the cost of $40-60 bucks can be expected to endure the life expectancy of your alt as well as your batt/batts.Your warranty your call.Your just adding 3 wires to the existing without changing anything.Dual post batt work best in my opinion/experience.If you are worried about adding the big 3 then I recommend the largest AH AGM you can get under the hood,and trial and error from there for supply and demand
Ok thanks, I will look that up.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Just becasue the amp does 1k@1&2 ohms doesnt mean you have to use the 1k.set your gains to 600 and you should be good. im sure you dont have anything to worry about. if my truck which has a 90A alt can take my bd 1001 and punch 500x im sure a 130a alt will take take 1.2k easily
Thanks!

This is prob the most simplistic vid to watch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Keep in mind..that it isnt necessary to remove stock wiring just add the big 3..I dont and havent used the inline fusing on my alts as shown in vid,and have never had any issues.(3yrs now in my truck in sig) as well as my Honda in my info area

Are all American Bass amps good, or just certain lines? The prices are throwing me for a loop, priced like they are crap amps. Is there one with a bit less power but still as good as the 26801 d? It's a bit long for where I want to put it I think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.