$400 for xmas!

MadItalian
10+ year member

Arizona
I recieved some cash for christmas so that makes it soo much easier to jump in. im thinking either jump on the RE group buy and get 2 SE 12 or doing one SI MAG d2 12. If both are sealed, i know the Mag has the better SQ, but would it be comparable output wise to the 2 SEs?

how much power u plan on using.......then i can suggest some subs
I'd probably run something like an ed nine.1, i hear its a great amp, and i think it looks better than anything out there, so build it around that amp. IF you look closely at the picture there is about a 2 inch indented area on the front wall of the trunk. Id like to put my box up in that indented area which is 32.5 inches long across the trunk before it curves back out. With a box that has 16 inches of height, i can do a sealed box in there for the SEs thats only around 8-9 inches deep. I dont know the mounting depth of the Mag 12, what is the minimum depth for a box on one of those?

You are going to lose a good deal of your bass because of the trunk mounted fuel tank. Spend a bit of your 400$ relocating it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

That is actually a very doable option, many people have been able to place a pair of 10s in the rear side panels. There is enough room behind those panels to build a mdf box, or fiberglass that suits shallow mounting depth subwoofers. Theres a few guys that have tried out the IDQ v2 10s and they are supposed to sound amazing. I kinda wanted to do 12s though, but if something like that is gonna sound alot better than a pair of 12s in the trunk then i could go that route. hmmmm those new adire kodas look like they will be nice....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.