$400 budget, what to get?

exportdrums11
10+ year member

I,ve been looking for a sub for a while now, and I'm having a little trouble deciding what to get. I've read numerous threads that others have posted as well as searched many differnt things. I first though about getting an Hd3 15, but I really can't find any information on what kind of sq the sub has. My last system that I had was 4 mtx 12's in sealed enclusure, that was under powered. I'm hoping a really good powered single 15 in a vented box would give me close to the same output with better sq. The amp I'll be using is a Poweracoustik a3000db. Not the best amp in the world, but good power for the money. I drive a 99 Tahoe, so I have a good amount of space too. Are there any suggestions for my price range?

lets put it this way, there hasn't been much talk about the sq of the HD3 but i've never heard anyone complain about its sq either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

2 yr warranty, excellent customer service, suppose to be close to the same league as the DD 9500 series...should be able to take up to 2500 rms daily if asked...sounds like it would be perfect for ya since your amp makes 2300 rms...

otherwise its alittle too much power for the Q and it would be a good fit for the BTL but it has no warranty so thats one small thing to think about...

i miss my old xxx15...ported and tuned low the SQ was pretty sweet...then again i switched between a few SPL oriented subs sicne then...and it seems as long as you tune low, yo can make an SL sub still sound decent....example: my 4hp and the xxx...th 4hp is made for spl, yet in a low tuned box the sq differance was minimal, wheras the output differance was liek night and day (granted ones a 15 and ones an 18)...same with the 3hp/mt hybrid i had afor a while and the xxx (both 15's). the sq differance was minimal but the hybrid got suprmemely louder....id say get the audioque and tune low, chances are itll still sound good enough.....once you tune high thats when the ass starts to sound...

i got a 15" q in my room thats going in my gf's car when she gets a box for it and i got a hd 12 in my truck, i love my aq. i thought aobut gettong one for her car but i wanted to try out a q and for only 279 shipped its hard to beat

i got a 15" q in my room thats going in my gf's car when she gets a box for it and i got a hd 12 in my truck, i love my aq. i thought aobut gettong one for her car but i wanted to try out a q and for only 279 shipped its hard to beat
let us know how you compare them when u get the Q installed bud...

HD3 is way louder than the Q. Q has better SQ than the HD3, HD3 has the same SQ as the DD 9500 series. Only difference in the 9500s and the HD3 is the way they handle cooling, i.e 9500 series can take more power before burning up. Does the HD3 have horrible SQ? no, is it to the level of the Q? No, but it wasnt designed to be a SQ sub the Q was. Q wont touch it in SPL though. It somes down to whats more important to you. you want it louder or tighter deeper bass? 15" Qs get low and get loud but not loud on the same level as a HD3. HD3 I would compare more to a SX/MT in the RE world and the Q I would compare to a SExxx.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.