4-way double din?

Participant count
  • Participant list

theputz
10+ year member

canada
OK so need a lil help with the design stages. This is my ideal set up tell me what you think.

05 Subaru STI

Front- 6.5 Components in doors

Rears- Factory 4 maybe fit a 5.25 or stretch a 6.5 coax

Rear deck has cut out try to put a pair of 6.5 or 8 midbass drivers

Single 12 in truck

Nw i know you guys are all about front stage but thats not me. I want double din for dvds in dolby and dts (just skipping the center channel) I really like the Kenwood dnx8120 but cant figure out how to get the mid basses crossovered right. I know they are not required i just really want them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif THe alpine wa505 with h701 will prob do what i need but is alot more money to get it to due what the kenwood does. Am i crazy or can it work. Whats the solution i am not seeing?

Thanks!

Not the best place for the midbasses because you'll be able to tell that they are behind you.

If you run the midbasses and the front comps on the same 4-channel amp, you can use a single set of inputs to the amp and the internal crossover on the amp to divide up the freqs. The HU would provide the highpass for the midbasses and the amp would provide the low pass (making a bandpass) and the highpass for the components.

As far as making it sound good for what you want, a good set of components up front that can provide good midbass on their own coupled with a good set of mids/coaxes/components in the rear with the sub in the trunk would work out better, be simpler and cheaper (fewer speakers and fewer amp channels).

i have rainbow germs for up front. I love them. I once heard 8's in the doors and have since always wanted them. In this particular car though they just wont fit and the last thing i want to do is have the components in the kick panels cause they take up to much room! Thats why i was thinking bout the rear deck. THe frequencies they play are they localizable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.