4 subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
i wouldn't mix ported and sealed. why not just put the 4 12"s ported very low or are those subs one's that do not perform well in a tuned box around 30hz??

adam

How would 2 seald boxes both with 2 subs in each in a v shape facing as much back as possible sound? Then I don't have to screw with tuning and risk f'ing up

tuning is easy, just go to http://www.linearteam.org like adam said, and download WinISD Pro, and enter the specs of your sub if its not in their database, and then select it under the new project window, and follow the steps in the window, select vented as your enclosure, and then it will ask you how big and what frequency you would like it tuned to, and you choose the frequency, and then under vents ou choose either square or circle and you can adjust the length and width and the program tells you how deep to make it according to your length and width specifications.

Pat

They don't have my sub in the program. I don't even know what half of those mesurements are. Were could I get them for my sub. Polk audio GNX 12"

if im not mistaken mixing ported and sealed could result in some cancelation......now if ur serious about going ported feel free to hit me, steve(ss3079), or loyd(bigbassman) up on aim......or go all sealed....but if u port the box and tune it to around say 28-33hz u should still maintain good sq while gaining a bit more spl.....

You will notice a lot of cancellation when mixing. I would say go with a slot ported box, that will hold all four subs. I reccomend separate chambers though. But there are alot of people on this site who could really help you out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.