4 subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by DaBaller504 You will notice a lot of cancellation when mixing. I would say go with a slot ported box, that will hold all four subs. I reccomend separate chambers though. But there are alot of people on this site who could really help you out.
why seperate chambers?? it is hella hard to make a seperate chamber slot ported box for 4 12"s. it can definetly be done but i would go with a single box shared chamber at most 2 chambers 2 subs per chamber and a pair of ports.

adam

I was just talking about 2 separate chambers. Two subs per chamber. Usually that will protect the others and keep them getting the right amount of air if one of them blows. But thats true, it would be kind of hard to make a slot port for each chamber, thats my bad on that one, a 2 chamber wouldn't be hard.

What is the differnce between the round and square ports.

And scince They would be in dif. chambers any way would it be that much diferent from two seperate boxes any way. Maybe that way I could port all of the chambers.

Originally posted by smokeoff What is the differnce between the round and square ports.

And scince They would be in dif. chambers any way would it be that much diferent from two seperate boxes any way. Maybe that way I could port all of the chambers.
i would just do as i said which is 2 box's a pair of 12"s in each and shared chamber with 1 port. if you want you could split that up and have the 2 box's in dif. locations i would imagine that would be a good thing. i would just build them to spec 2 box's shared air space ported to around 30-35hz.

adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.