4 speakers/ 1 set of RCA Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ctreml1

CarAudio.com Newbie
RI
Hey All, I currently have 2 speakers in the fairing of my bike and 2 in the bags. The set up has been working fine for a few years but one of the RCA pigtails from the AMP (rockford punch 300x4) has gone bad.. Rather than ordering a new set of pigtail inputs is it possible to run all 4 speakers off the good set of RCA cables if i switich the amp to 2 channel?? I could care less about fading front to rear, I just want all speakers to work without issues.. any input is appreciated.

Hey All, I currently have 2 speakers in the fairing of my bike and 2 in the bags. The set up has been working fine for a few years but one of the RCA pigtails from the AMP (rockford punch 300x4) has gone bad.. Rather than ordering a new set of pigtail inputs is it possible to run all 4 speakers off the good set of RCA cables if i switich the amp to 2 channel?? I could care less about fading front to rear, I just want all speakers to work without issues.. any input is appreciated.
If you switch amp to 2 ch it wont work with 4 speakers because you'll be bridging the amp .. and it will be seeing a 2 ohm load per channel and fry the amp... but you can use 2 good chs not switching amp to 2ch mode and wire in your other set of speakers and it will be fine ... your amp would be seeing 2 ohm stereo and work just fine ..most likely there will be a 50% in crease in sound from the 4spkrs wired out so there will only be slight decrease in sound.

Do you mean PBR300x4 punch series or R2-300x4 prime series?

If you're referring to the switch that says 2ch input vs 4ch input yes you can use that no problem. You're not bridging anything on the output with that button, only the input which isn't the same. If you're referring however to bridging the terminals on the output then that's completely different. The way it sounds is that you just want to use 2 RCAs and not change anything with the output, that's the exact reason for that switch being there so yes it's fine, both of those amps have the switch and it does the same thing on both.

Hey Lasherz, thanks for the info.. that is exactly what i mean.. I have the PBR3OOx4 .. essentially its a 4 channel amp. I have 2 speakers in the front and 2 in the rear using all 4 channels.. one set of RCA pigtails for the amp input are bad so i was curious if i just simply switch the amp to 2 channel, will it power the other set of speakers using only that one good set of RCA's.. will I lose any quality?

Hey Lasherz, thanks for the info.. that is exactly what i mean.. I have the PBR3OOx4 .. essentially its a 4 channel amp. I have 2 speakers in the front and 2 in the rear using all 4 channels.. one set of RCA pigtails for the amp input are bad so i was curious if i just simply switch the amp to 2 channel, will it power the other set of speakers using only that one good set of RCA's.. will I lose any quality?
Gotcha, yeah that's actually a pretty common situation to avoid tearing a car apart, so they put those switches in there to short the rcas internally to the amp. What you mentioned earlier about the fader not working correctly is the only negative side effect of using the switch. In terms of quality there should be zero noticeable difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.