4 sa-8 vs 2 12" xfl

Participant count
  • Participant list

Syntaxx7x
10+ year member

I just want a comparable opinion.. I have 2 12" xfl's in a bullsh*t box.. with a phantom 4000md...

My homeboy wants me to choose a system for him.. he has a truck with limited space.. so im thinking about either 2 sa-8's or 4 of them in a custom box.. with about the same power...

My question is because im being a semi hater .. would he be louder than me spl wise..?? I really dont care cause im still going to recommend what I think would sound good..

So a general opinion.. would it be a nice setup.. ??? or would u recommend something else..???

prolly wont be louder .but if done right the 4 8's can get pretty loud.is he ding behind or under the seat ,and what truck ?

4 8s has a little less cone area but it would have a little more motor force.. So depends on the box, vehicle, install, and amp really

Im thinking under the seat.. they dont need much area per sub.. so should I go ported or sealed???

I gotta ask him again.. but I think its a Silverado. .. he bought it like 3 weeks ago..

Well with amp im thinking something that I can do without upgrading his alternator. . So saz-1500 I guess..idk..

Im up for suggestions. .

Well with amp im thinking something that I can do without upgrading his alternator. . So saz-1500 I guess..idk..Im up for suggestions. .
what year truck ,i may have a box already built for sale ,ported

Those little subs will take a beating.. I have 8 of them currently on a AB 450.1 in 6 cubes at ~34Hz. But I did toy around with 4 of them on the same amp at 1/2 ohm. They do work. Being louder on the meter is really only something the meter could tell you. There's so many variables that come into play when you're trying to get loud on the mic as opposed to the ear.

cool.. he's not trying to meter.. just want it to "sound" good.. and not take up a lot of space.. that's why i'm saying under the seat...

my lows.. I gotta check with him.. I forgot what year truck.. i'm not even totally sure its a Silverado..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Syntaxx7x

10+ year member
Syntaxx7x
Atlanta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views