4" speakers

the Answer
10+ year member

DC audio FTMFW
Those RS75s are not a good choice by themselves.

-They will have no bass

-They will handle very little power

-They need a lot of filtering to sound decent - the unfiltered response is a roller coaster that makes even Bose speakers look smooth

-The treble will be very directional - you'll get beaming

They have their uses, but IMO, this is not one of their better ones. They are more useful for computer speakers or as a midrange from, say, 500Hz up. I run 2 4" HiFi M4Ns in each of my DIY home speakers (MTMW config) and I have blown the M4Ns before, using them from like 400-up.

Those RS75s are not a good choice by themselves.
-They will have no bass

-They will handle very little power

-They need a lot of filtering to sound decent - the unfiltered response is a roller coaster that makes even Bose speakers look smooth

-The treble will be very directional - you'll get beaming

They have their uses, but IMO, this is not one of their better ones. They are more useful for computer speakers or as a midrange from, say, 500Hz up. I run 2 4" HiFi M4Ns in each of my DIY home speakers (MTMW config) and I have blown the M4Ns before, using them from like 400-up.
-Gonna be a long wait for a 4" driver with "bass"

- been running a pair ,100w each, 250hz 36db slope on the bottom wide open on the top for going on 4 months. nada problem one

-it's pretty amazing to see the response curve in a car vs. the printed free aired specs

-The op is still hasn't posted where the mounting location is.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would tell him to go with either of those in your original post. Spending more for what he is after would be a waste of money and good speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would tell him to go with either of those in your original post. Spending more for what he is after would be a waste of money and good speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah, unless he wants to improve on the positioning, putting good speakers in that sort of location is indeed a waste.

Dear Toyota: SHAME ON YOU. Not that I have ever liked you, anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.