4 layer coils

Participant count
  • Participant list
no that is how the voice coil is put together, I assume it means the number of layers of the substance it is made out of i.e. rubber, papper, or some of that new stuff.

My HEs are I believe 3 layer VC, but it is only a single voice coil sub.

It means the actual number of layers of the voice coil wire. The coil is spun around the former, to whatever length, and the process is repeated , giving you "layers"

cheap woofers have 1 layer, better woofers have 2-4, and really silly companies wind the coils more then 8 times... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Loyd L.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Larger coils are going to hold more power before thermal failure. You may also be gaining mass enough to lower Fs to some more desirable point...
It mostly comes down to weight. You can have a super lightweight cone, soft suspension and aluminum coil on a sub and you pretty much get a pro...
Deff be a disaster and quite a shame blowing a freshly repaired amplifier in a few min.LOL. Id be very upset for sure. id recommend the wiring...
Lower the ohm the thicker the wire. The higher the ohm the thinner the wire but will have more windings. Lower ohm coils have a slight edge when...

About this thread

more_spl

10+ year member
only have 1, but it's 12"
more_spl
Winnipeg
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date