4 Channel Amp Suggestions

I run a us acoustics 4050 on my front stage, I am considering putting it up for sale just to buy a matching for channel to my new sub amp.

I love the us acoustics it does 50x4 @4 and is bridgeable.

I am looking for a 4 channel amp that puts out 75 watts per channel. I would also like to it to be bridgeable. Looking to spend $100.
I would say bump your budget to $150, and then there will be many choices. For example, PPI's "Sedona" or "Black Ice" line of amplifiers (Black Ice is supposed to be better). I can't think of solid _new_ amp that costs $100, and you need something solid, preferably with biggish heat sink since you want to bridge channels.(For example). To tell the truth, in FL or TX summer heat, I probably would be fully comfortable bridging amp channels for subwoofer only on a good Class D amplifier, like PPI P900.4. Bridging channels puts more strain on amplifier as the bridged channels are seeing internal 2ohm when 4ohm speaker is connected. Class A/B amps are notoriously inefficient running at 2ohm.

For something close you $100, look at MB Quart ONX4.80. It should be ok amplifier for full range speakers, but I am not sure if I'd want to bridge it for subwoofer. I have a similar older MB Quart that gets stupid hot during summer months simply powering active front stage (a pair of woofers and pair of tweeters, all 4ohm).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.