4 Channel amp running 3 Channel set up.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Unsane310

Need a little help with my set-up, which is 2-way up front, one sub in the rear.

Head-Unit: AVH-4000NEX

Head Unit Manual: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVH-4000NEX_OwnersManual011714.pdf

Amp: Focal 600.4

Amp Manual: http://focalpowerdigital.com/FPD6004manual.pdf

I will be running the amp in 3 channel mode. I'm just not 100% on how to run the sub-out from my head unit into the amp. The head unit seems to have 2 outs for subs a left (white) and a right (red).

The amp manual shows that I can run 1 set of RCA into channel 3+4 input and just change channel 1+2 settings to mono for the sub, but this leaves me without control of my sub from the head unit. Should I just use the bass control knob and leave it as the above set up?

Below are the two options the amp manual gives (i am using a 4 channel set of RCAs)

1. Running two source wires (1 set i assume) to channel 3+4 RCA input and set amp route to 3+4

This is the set up that will not allow me to use sub controls on the head unit.

2. Running four source wires (2 sets i assume) to channel 1+2 (front) and 3+4 (sub) and set amp route to 1+2.

I am hoping this will give me sub control from the head unit. If so, is it ok to hook up both sub outs to the amp when bridging one sub? Just seems strange to me.

Hope this was enough info and not to noob of a question for you all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Connect front L/R RCAs out from your NEX to channels 1 & 2 of the amp. Connect channel 1 &2 outputs to front speakers.

Connect Sub L/R RCAs from your NEX to channels 3 & 4 of the amp. BRIDGE the sub across channel 3/4 outputs exactly as shown in diagram B3 on page 5.

Done.

Thanks for the reply. I am guessing since channel 3+4 will be bridged and mono it doesnt matter that there is a left and right going into the amp since the amp will be turning the L+R sub inputs into mono? Just want to make sure I understand how its all working.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.