4 Channel Amp Recommendation

poll77

Hello, I joined the forum to get some suggestions for a 4 channel amp. I have a 2010 F150 extended cab FX2. I have not installed anything yet but I am planning on using my MTX 81000D amp from my last vehicle to power two Alpine shallow mounts SWR-T10s. I ordered a custom under the seat box for them already. I have already purchased 2 sets of Alpine type Rs 6x8s for the doors but am wondering what type of amp to hook to them. (I am using the factory HU btw) I am also hoping to power both amps with one 0 AWG kit, (planning on going with knukoncepts wire but open to suggestions) was also hoping for some input on that. Please help me out with any thoughts or concerns...I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

200 bucks will get you a PPI P900.4. Tiny and powerful. My recommendation.

I also just put up a review of some stuff I got from Knu with pics if you feel like checking it out

american bass vfl 4150 and you'll need either 3 loc's or 1 loc and a eq to use both amps
Yeah I know I need a loc, I am not sure which one to go with. I know some come with the front/rear output and a sub output. Someone on a Ford truck forum referred me to the PAC FRD24 but it only has front/back output and I am not too sure if I want the sub amp hooked to anything but a sub output. (worried about fader issues, maybe I'm crazy)

if you get an eq ,then you only need the loc for 1 set of rca's ,but it will have frt rear and sub out .problem solved
Gotcha, that could be the way to go with the PAC LOC then, not real sure where I could mount it though. Maybe in the console compartment. I'm debating if I want to attempt to do all this myself, I have always installed my stuff in my prior vehicles but I may be in over my head on this one haha

Gotcha, that could be the way to go with the PAC LOC then, not real sure where I could mount it though. Maybe in the console compartment. I'm debating if I want to attempt to do all this myself, I have always installed my stuff in my prior vehicles but I may be in over my head on this one haha
naw pretty easy still. just tap into the speaker wires off the back of the deck ,hook up the loc ,run an rca to the eq the center console ,then rca's out to the amps ,all done .

I'm more worried about getting power to the amps and getting them installed somewhere that would look decent. I think I would have to put them on the back wal which seems like it will be a pain, I've always just attached them to the box in a trunk or to some sort of mount. I've tried to do some research on it, but I'm starting to lean towards just paying someone to do it.

guys.. please help me choose amplifier

i will need 4 channel 1 amp system

used JL 300/4 class A/B amp ($170)

bnew PPI P900.4 class D amp ($230)

bnew Soundstream TX4.560 class A/B amp ($80+)

which do you think is the best choice?

among the amps..

i like what neo recommended seem powerful and upon reading class D seems to have an advantage.. (does it really?)

my 2nd choice is king's recommendation... very affordable and with a subwoofer control

what is main difference of class D and AB amps?

any suggestion whereelse can i get the PPI cheaper? it is 190$ at sonic.. but no stock available.. next cheapest i saw is 230$

my system consist of

clif design CD50.4

generic 4channel amp (going to be replaced)

targa 12" DVC subwoofer (may be replaced)

if ok.. i would also like to ask recommendations for a new sub... maybe just an 8 or 10"

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.