4 channel amp, 5 speakers .. help.. new rockford fosgate power series everything

Participant count
  • Participant list

gmedina

If i put 2 speakers in one channel on a 4 channel amp will the rms output on that channel cut in half?

rockford fosgate t400-4 amp 4 ohms: 60 watts x 4 chan

2 rockford fosgate t1462 speakers 45 watts rms each

2 rockford fosgate t1675 speakers 70 watts rms each

1 rockford fosgate t1693 speaker 100 watts rms

If i put 2 speakers in one channel on a 4 channel amp will the rms output on that channel cut in half?
rockford fosgate t400-4 amp 4 ohms: 60 watts x 4 chan

2 rockford fosgate t1462 speakers 45 watts rms each

2 rockford fosgate t1675 speakers 70 watts rms each

1 rockford fosgate t1693 speaker 100 watts rms
Why would you add 1 6x9? And yea i guess you could run the 4x6 off one channel and use the other for the 6x9, only problem is you would have the cross the speaker sat the same Fq(one crossover per set of channels). And i dont think ure 4x6s are going to like being crossed lower then 100-125Hz, so the 6x9 wouldnt have any low mid-bass but it would work.

Also something to note is that ull need to run the 4x6s connected at 2 or 8ohms. I would run at 8 and see if the 4x6s(about 20wrms, should be enough) are loud enough since that will give a nice strong 60rms to the 6x9(with gains set correct). But if you run at 2ohms ull have to turn the gain down cuz that would give each 4x6 50wrms with gains matched and they wouldnt have a long life. And if you turned the gain down the 6x9 woulnt get enough power, so ide go in series with the 4x6s

To answer ur question if u wire 2 speakers "assuming they are both 4ohm" into 1 channel the amp would then see a 2ohm load so the power would actually double "in most cases" but none the less the amp will produce more power at 2ohm then 4ohm not the other way around. I have 2 sets of speakers per channel on my 100.4 thus a 2ohm load per channel giving me 170x4 vs 100x4 if I wired only 1 set per channel.

To answer ur question if u wire 2 speakers "assuming they are both 4ohm" into 1 channel the amp would then see a 2ohm load so the power would actually double "in most cases" but none the less the amp will produce more power at 2ohm then 4ohm not the other way around. I have 2 sets of speakers per channel on my 100.4 thus a 2ohm load per channel giving me 170x4 vs 100x4 if I wired only 1 set per channel.
depends on wiring, if he wires in series it WOULD cut is power in half. But yes if he wires in parallel it will be 100wrms instead of 60

yea but he would have to use the spare channel for his single 6x9 since the 6.75 set needs there own set
Figured you covered how stupid it would be to run a single 6x9 in ur first post....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Figured you covered how stupid it would be to run a single 6x9 in ur first post....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
lol its prob like in the center of his rear deck(if its a sedan), other wise i have no clue wtf but im guessing he just replaced all the stock speakers with these so if he already bought it might as well throw it in lol

Personally OP, ide just run the 4x6s and the 6.75 set with gains set correctly. That will be plenty loud, return the 6x9 if possible

i kinda just wanted to get crazy with it..lol .. i'm gonna put the 6x9 in the middle up front in my center console, not sure where i would put the 2nd 6x9 (i'm in a 2001 sonoma pickup. so i only got spaces for 4x6 in the dash and 6 3/4 in the 2 doors)

ya, i want to amp the 4x6s but i think this amp might push em too much so idk

i kinda just wanted to get crazy with it..lol .. i'm gonna put the 6x9 in the middle up front in my center console, not sure where i would put the 2nd 6x9 (i'm in a 2001 sonoma pickup. so i only got spaces for 4x6 in the dash and 6 3/4 in the 2 doors)
ya, i want to amp the 4x6s but i think this amp might push em too much so idk
no it wouldnt lol NO AMP PUSHES TO MUCH, set your gains correct and your speaker will get as many watts as you desire. Ure in control of how much the amp puts out man

no it wouldnt lol NO AMP PUSHES TO MUCH, set your gains correct and your speaker will get as many watts as you desire. Ure in control of how much the amp puts out man
true, i think i'm canceling the 6x9 order then, & just gonna see how the 4 speakers sound

true, i think i'm canceling the 6x9 order then, & just gonna see how the 4 speakers sound
thoughs 4 on that amp should sound great man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.