4 ch amp help. Hs to be small

The arc XDI series amps are awesome and good prices as well. They also have a 3 channel with 80 wrms x2 and 400 wrms x1 with a bass knob and a 5 channel also

Why do I see so many posts about Massive Audio, but not a single thread comes up if I look for the BX4? I find it strange that nobody has even mentioned it. It's way out of budget for me, but I still would expect to at least see people talking about it. The NX4 is tempting, but it seems like the P900.4 has it beat in terms of $ to W.

The ARC XDI 804 meets requirements, but it's a little more than I wanted to spend at $300.

The Soundstream Picasso Nano PN4.520D is the most affordable at $140ish, but I feel like it'd be worth it to step up to the P900.4 for less than $100 more.

The PPI P900.4 is one of the most efficient amplifiers in its class, which means that for a given power output level, it's current draw is relatively low. It's about 85% efficient at maximum power powering 4ohm speaker. However, there is no way around the fact that if you need big power, you also need big current draw. The P900.4 comes with 75A fusing, but it needs this because at the highest output testup (all channels either running at 2ohms or bridged at 4ohms), it will produce over 900watts RMS with 14.4V battery. If you need this kind of power, then there is no way around the fact you need a fuse at least as big. However, if you run the channels at 4ohms, the amps total output configuration being about 600watts with ALL channels running full tilt, you would need a fuse that's half as big. Even that kind of scenario is unrealistic. If you have four speakers connected to it, assuming each can actually handle 140watts RMS, you actually never need to send so much power to them continuously.. Even if half of channels are bridged for subwoofer, I wouldn't worry honestly. If a larger box can be installed, I might have preferred to use a 10 inch ported subwoofer just to maximize the SPL for a given amount of power, but 8 ported could still produce satisfying bass on 450watts.
This is definitely reassuring to hear. Actually, I'm going to be running the SA-8 in a sealed box temporarily. It's too big (.58 ft^3), but it's only until I can find someone to add a port for me. Unfortunately, The port will have to come up through the floor/carpet because the side of the box (blue) already fires into a storage box (not pictured) which sits on the exposed blue ledge / in the empty space you see here.

100_0679.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.